Black People Politics : MSNBC suspends Mark Halperin for Obama remark

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

MSNBC suspends Mark Halperin for Obama remark

MSNBC has suspended political analyst and Time magazine writer Mark Halperin indefinitely over a remark he made about President Obama Thursday morning.

"Mark Halperin's comments this morning were completely inappropriate and unacceptable," said MSNBC spokesman Jeremy Gaines in a statement. "We apologize to the President, the White House and all of our viewers. We strive for a high level of discourse and comments like these have no place on our air."

"Are we on the seven-second delay?" Halperin asked.
    "We have it. We can use it. Go for it. Let's see what happens," co-anchor Joe Scarborough replied.
    "I thought he was a dick yesterday," Halperin replied, sending the hosts into a brief moment of panic.
    Halperin apologized later on in the show and issued his own mea culpa hours later via MSNBC.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/msnbc-suspends-mark-halperin-obama-remark-145819640.html

Peace In,

2. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    He called him a 'd*ck'...?
    *laugh*
    Naw...McCain is 'd..ck'. Bush...was/is a d..k. Obama's veep is d..ck-ish (orget his name).
    Obama...? Naw. 'D..ks' have an a..shole-ish quality about them. Obama isn't an a-hole...

Y'know what drives me crazy about Obama (besides a few of his policies) but, in a funny way? He can't pitch an agenda without going into these sappy melodramatic human interest stories. Whether it's about jobs, the economy, the wars...doesn't matter. He's going to give America a 'story' that'll sell us, smooth talk put things into perspective.
    "I, uh, rec'vd a letter the other day...from a little girl. A little girl, uh, by the name of...'Destiny'..."
    *laugh*
    Here we go...
    'Destiny' is a 12 yr old 'little person' with a heart murmur and a leaky eye...with a dog named Rex that recently got ran over and a widowed, quadraplegic mother who works three jobs to pay for the trash bag to give Rex a 'proper bural' and Destiny's medical bills because...wait...for...it: They have no insurance. <-- and they wrote Obama thanking him for passing 'Universal Healthcare' (or some crazy sh..t like that).
    He does it all the time!

1. This media is becoming more unprofessional and trashy by the minute. But, I can't lay it on the media. It's the culture of this country. This society. People are...less civil than they used to be. Less...nice.

2. Not that I condone the disrespect of the president's office, but...please. Since when does the American people respect 'the office' of the president?
    ...as if no POTUS has ever been called a name...? Worse has been said about others. Others have been depicted as worse... FAR WORSE. Hell, I've said worse!
    Anyway -- I wouldn't sweat it. Obama's had a relatively smooth presidency. His approval numbers are decent. He had a longer 'honeymoon' than others. The starstruck media's in love with him...and look at all that he's accomplished? The last Dem POTUS couldn't get crap together for the extreme righties/fundies of the Repub party riding him and his wife's butt. Even I can admit that -- and I'm a conservative.
    (Libertarian. FYI: The BEST kind of conservative... *laugh*).
    I don't watch MSNBC. I just skimmed the article, but...sounds like it was an 'off-air' kinda thing. Either way, the network was right to discipline him...I think.

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

.......Really agree with a lot of what you've said Mimibelle...I think your posts are informative, funny and on point, all at the same time; and oh, wordy as well, lol....Thanks for reading and posting.

Peace In,

4. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I guess this is FCC related?

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

.......It has more to do with total disrespect for both the person and the office.

Peace In,

6. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    It was unprofessional, but I'm just curious about all the attention it's getting. I doubt this will top 7 weeks of Weiner's weiner.

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

.......It was only a suspension, which has the appearance of entrapment.

Peace In,