Black People Politics : Mr. Obama cuts deal w/insurence industry

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Corvo, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
  2. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Before I say anything, has anyone taken the time to actually "read" the healthcare reform bill? Try searching online for the free download. I'm very curious to know if we are just going off the fact that Obama is black instead of doing serious research into his politics. What happened to the plans for a national ID card- remember that? It seems like this bill is a trojan horse for just about everything Black people have been against for the last 10 years. I love it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2300451/posts

3. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
  4. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    I am not really sure how "we" were against health reform. The issue in the Clinton years was that the system was too big, too unruly, and it was created in secret. The bill that is in the house right now is a bit long to read all the way through. It is over a thousand pages. I have read some of it. But I don't see how we are against it seeing that we are killed off systematically because we normally don't get healthcare. Or at least healthcare that is worth a ****.

5. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    No "we" have never been against healthcare reform. "We" have always been against Government telling us what to do and how do it- especially in the context of slavery and racism in America. Using the weakness of heathcare reform as a tactical way to impose even more Government control I must say is genius. But what is more genius is having Obama as the face of this reform when this was something already planned. What I see happening is Black folks "stupidly" defending Obama without rationalizing the facts. Take the time and read the bill and stop using ignorance as an excuse.

6. mazimtaim

Ratings:
    +50

I will read the bill if you do.

As for using ignorance as an excuse. Just because I don't agree with your assessment is no reason to insult me. I could just as easily call you ignorant. Because you don't seem to understand the numbers of our elderly, children, women, etc. who are in desperate need of healthcare. If you know of any portion of that bill that says that I cannot buy or keep the health insurance that I currently pay for then you had better post it and stop making accusations.

And if I can get one so-called revolutionary who can at least prove that he is doing all that he can to get our poor the access that they need, then I would maybe entertain a discussion. Because I find it odd that given our condition, our group life expectancy, etc., no one else has really forwarded a plan to help our people.

I don't post from an ivory tower. I live in a community where folks are suffering.

7. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Meta Science

Do you have health care? Does everyone in your family have health care? In the intrest of full disclosure, I have health care through the VA. I have to pay for my medicine and have wracked up a bil of over 400.00 because I cant pay it but they are still sending and giving me my medication so far. There may be a time when I dont have access and that worries me as I head towards 60 in a few months. I have 2 years before I can get SS and I think 65 before I can get medicaid. So Im worried. Im not only worried for me but ANY senior. NO I am not reading 1,000 page bill and frankly thats silly to suggest such a thing. We elected folks to handle that business for us just like you hire anyone to do a job for you and if you dont vote..then you dont have a say in what happens to you. I will trust Obama until I see a reason not to. So far..I am happy with what I see. Is he going to have to make some compromises, probably but thats how politics work. The main issue I do have is making sure our seniors arent being scared into making decisions they dont have to because some right-wing nut says something utterly ridiculous like the death panel crap.

8. Corvo

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,771

I believe that free republic is a propaganda site. is there a link to the actual document?

9. mazimtaim

Ratings:
    +50
  10. Corvo

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    I found it, Thanks.