Black People : Mr. Fuller's Chat, and my belated response...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    hmmmm ... uuhhhhh ... okay Brother old_sd73 ...

you don't post here anymore ... :driveby:

:heart:

Destee

2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Firstly, whatever happened between you and Destee...is between you and Destee.

Secondly, although you state that you have no issues with Mr. Fuller's book, it seems as if you do. If you don't agree with White Supremacy being the focal point of the "race issue", then you do have an issue with his book...since it's based solely on that subject. For someone who has been thinking about these societal issues for awhile, it would benefit us all if you would come to the Neely Fuller discussion on Wednesday night at 9pm ET http://www.destee.com/chat/ and share your views with Mr. Fuller and the Family. I believe that this dialog will be quite interesting.

Thirdly, at first glance, it seems as if you have an issue with the Family. But, I feel that you are only sharing your views...and we welcome that.

Nevertheless, let me use a little deductive reasoning here. Following your logic:

a. Everyone in society is not free because they serve the rulers.

b. You are NOT a ruler.

c. Hence, you too are NOT free.

Yet, you claim to be free. This seems illogical. *...in my best Spock voice* :lol:

Dapz

Peace.

3. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Ok. :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    i had considered starting a thread to discuss neely fuller's discussion & som issues he raised n a taped lecture played in the room, so i'm glad 2 c this one already here. :spin:

as much as i enjoyed listening 2 him, & inspite of my agreement w most of his overall postulates, i do not believe any1's findings shld b beyond scrutiny, or unchallengable. un4tunately, there seemed 2 b few present n the chat room that nite, other than the usu 1 or 2, interested n hving any xtended discouse on the disquisition they had just heard. :censored: of course, 4 those unfamiliar w mr. fuller's material, this is somewhat understandable, as they were hearing his somewht cryptic insights 4 the 1st time.

i hope thru this thread, & perhaps this wednesday, there will b mor spontaneous discussion after the formal discussion has concluded.
    :love:

5. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Old_sd73

I can't help but to get several things from your posts. Those things are:

a. You have an issue with Destee that you really need to take to PM or email. That's a personal issue.

b. You want immediate change in people...which is understandable given how you feel about the current state of affairs in the world. But let me say this...that change will not come about with you saying negative things to a group of people in general terms. You know how the saying goes...you can catch more bees with honey than vinegar. You really need another approach.

Your observations of the people on this site seem to be borderline personal attacks to EVERYONE IMHO. It's not necessary. I'm sure you can speak about the "superficiality of skin color or race" without speaking about the members of this site. And there are many of our members who are more than willing to speak on the issue of spirituality and how it is affected by or affects the so-called "race problem." I believe that's why Destee created the Spirituality and Religion Forums.

c. I sense that you are pissed about something. However, I'd rather say that you are very passionate about your observations and what you know. And that's cool. I hope you speak on the subject of your passion so that we can respond as well. Maybe the subject of your passion is the slow progression in our people's mentality. But that's purely speculation on my part. You tell me.

peace

6. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Alkebulan...

I agree with you. I shall finish reading the book tonight so that I can add more to the discussion.

Mr. Fuller has a lengthy discussion in the area of politics. He must feel that this area must be of great importance compared to the other 9 areas of people activity.

I'm sure the Family will discuss more tomorrow night. I think we were blown away the first time. :lol:

I have yet to hear the entire conversation from last Wednesday night. I will listen to the audio recording to make a list of some follow-up questions.

peace

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Brother old_sd73 ... i sent every Member of the community an invitation to Mr. Neely Fuller Jr's chat session held here last week. There was no hidden message or intent ... it was simply to let you and everyone know that if you'd like to come, you were welcome.

If you'd prefer that i not include you when emailing the Membership, just let me know and it won't happen again.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

k ... peace

Destee

9. old_sd73

old_sd73 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nazarite
    Ratings:
    +0

It is easy to not like you when you are so duplicitous.

'Peace' and closing with a heart? Have you any idea of the meaning at all?

Rhetorical question. Don't answer.

Sadiki

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother old_sd73 ... i had to look up the word duplicitous, to see exactly what you were calling me ... and this is what the dictionary said (for those that may be like me, and not know how this word is defined):

duplicitous

Given to or marked by deliberate deceptiveness in behavior or speech.

adj : marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another; "she was a deceitful scheming little thing"- Israel Zangwill; "a double-dealing double agent"; "a double-faced infernal traitor and schemer"- W.M.Thackeray

Brother old_sd73 ... you got all of this from a "k" ... which stands for "okay" ... the word peace ... and a heart?

This is why you dislike me and consider me duplicitous ... or is there more?

Destee