Black People : Mr Bill

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
I’m from the same generation as Bill Cosby.
I was born and raised in west Philly and lived in the projects the same as he did. the main difference is that I’m still living in the ghetto and I will die in the ghetto.

I’ve had a couple meetings with Cosby and found him to be a very nice and gentle man, like myself. (not every one from the streets has to be a thug)

as I travel around the NE megalopolis, I often see sights that make me cry inside. many of the “lower economic level” people seem to have lost their minds entirely. some times I feel so ashamed when I see the young acting like wanabe hos and pimps.

I understand why Cosby needed to vent. if I had a stage I’d vent to. I didn’t struggle and fight the civil rights battle for this mess!

where I differ from Cosby is that I don’t blame the victims and I do take personal responsibility for what has happened.

when the children are untrained, you look first to the parents and next to the village. Mr. Cosby and I and all of us of the older generation constitute the village that has failed these children. rather than point the finger, it’s time for Bill to take personal responsibility.

we made a serious error when we integrated into White society and that is what we are paying for today. we were so anxious to integrate that we did not look hard enough at what we were integrating into. if you integrate into a cesspool, you will come up stinking.

Black people had a set of core values that allowed us to survive the holocaust of slavery. they were pretty good values. in our rush to integrate we gave up our core values and embraced the values of the White society.
those values are toxic to Black people.

this is something that Bill Cosby did. we all did. this is not something that the “lower economic people” did. they inherited the results of our actions and they suffer from it.

when you accept values such as "i got mine, now you get yours", such as “greed is good”, such as “Black capitalism”, such as “the end justifies the means”, when you embrace such filth, you are drinking poison!

we are the ones who taught the children that the sneakers hold a higher value than the life of that person wearing the sneakers. we taught the children that consumer goods will make them happy. we did that Bill!

now we look at the results of accepting bad values and we don’t like what we see. Cosby goes on a rant against “the lower economic people”. he had better use his money to set up a network of schools where the children can be taught the old values that stood by Black people for centuries.
:teach:

jamesfrmphilly,

Well said, i think as you do and i'm sure Mr. Bill does too, regardless of what he said and how and where he said it. We are responsible for the state of our affairs and we need to stay about the business of acting responsibly in them.

Hopefully more of us will stop selling our souls for psuedo "success", "fame", and the trappings of such etc.

The problems we face will not simply disappear and we can't talk them away or just act like we are not a part of them. We've got to do as you suggested, use our resources to solve our problems.....

Bill Cosby is a victim too even though he is a popular, famous victim with more resources at his personal disposal than most of us victims.....

We victims have to use what is available to us to solve our problems and yes the folks he ragged on need to be doing more also......

We are equal in our relative responsibilities, " From the one to whom much has been given much is expected" and porportionally all the way to the one with the least......

Peace and Blessings

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back