Black People : MOVE

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SPEAKFREEDOMnet, Apr 13, 2008.

1. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

SPEAKFREEDOMnet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +147
    MOVE 9 parole situation - Ramona Africa

Uhuru!

Just wanted to pass this info on to those who are interested in the status of our family members still held in physical captivity as P.O.W.

"ONA MOVE, Everybody! This is an update on the MOVE 9 parole situation. Janine, Janet and Debbie were interviewed by Matthew Mangino in person and Judy Viglione watched on closed circuit TV. Janine told us that Mangino questioned her about the issue of innocence and then he didn't want to hear any information about MOVE's innocence. Janet and Debbie got to put out a lot of information about how many people sit in prison for 20, 30 years and have to be released because their innocence is proven so a conviction does not make a person guilty. Viglione asked Janet and Debbie a few questions about what they would be doing if they were released. The decision could take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

Our brothers see the parole board sometime this month but they don't have a specific date yet. My brother, Michael, was in the U.S. Marines before joining MOVE (he was around 17 years old) and after being around MOVE he decided not to go back to the Marines. He was AWOL (away without official leave). The Military Police came to MOVE Hq. and JOHN AFRICA gave them some serious information-they never came back. Now over 35 years later, when prison officials interviewed Michael to decide if they would recommend him for parole or not, they bring up this issue of Michael going AWOL from the military when he was 17. It's obvious that this government does not want MOVE people on the street again so we have to keep the pressure on them so they have no choice but to release innocent MOVE people. Stay strong and keep sending letters to the parole board, keep the pressure on. Ona Move----Ramona"

http://www.onamove.com/

MOVE Documentary - allow 15 sec delay before the film starts.

Uhuru!(freedom)

"If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more"-Harriet Tubman (1820-1913)

2. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

Ratings:
    +147
    UPDATE ON MUMIA ABU JAMAL

THIRD CIRCUIT COURT DENIES MUMIA A NEW TRIAL AND GRANTS RE-SENTENCING HEARING!
    Mumia's current legal status now leaves him with either an execution or life in prison without parole! Federal Court has ruled to uphold Mumia's conviction while granting a re-sentencing hearing. Though Mumia's attorneys are appealing, Mumia is currently bound to either an execution or permanant life in prison. http://www.mumia.org//freedom.now/ (this inspite of all the evidence)
    :thinking:
    This only goes to show that beneath all the smoke screens nothing has really changed as it relates to the true freedom of Africans under this system. many of our comrades are still being held captive in U.S. institutions at this very hour(since the 60's & 70's) on bogus charges that have long been proven corrupt. Why does the government fear their release?

For the same reasons they assassinated malcolm, lumumba, nkrumah, guevara, hampton, biko, king,and a host of others. For the same reasons they are attacking rev. wright words today. For the same reasons they are making senator Obama throw anything that has to do with African liberation completely under the bus.

In their own words: "..the nationalist liberation movement in black Africa can act as a catalyst with far reaching effects on the American black community by stimulation its organizational consolidation and by inducing radical actions. Such a result would be likely as Zaire went the way of Angola and Mozambique." "Specific steps should be taken with the help of appropriate government agencies to inhibit coordinated activity of the Black Movement in the United States." -Memorandum NSC-46 entitled Black Africa And The Black Movement

A free and United Africa for all Africans....what a wonderful thought.

leonard peltier
    sundiata acoli
    mutulu shakur
    Mumia Abu jamal
    marshall eddie conway
    abu-jamal-news
    more p.o.w.

Uhuru! (freedom)

"If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more"-Harriet Tubman (1820-1913)

3. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for this. I have never, nor will I ever forgive the slaughter and imprisonment of our brothers and sisters. They were waaaay ahead of their times and many "colored" also turned on them. I keep them all in my prayers, and ask the Most High Afrikan to grant some mercy and serenity in the hearts of the murdering dogs that hold them hostage.:10200:

4. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I just finished watching this documentary called MOVE, about the organization MOVE - I had known very minimal about the group before and found it to be an incredible look at their history. Gotta watch it! (55min) as if gives much insight into the MOVE actions taking place today. smh. I am always stunned when I see/hear of things like this taking place.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=4...annel=219646953

For the 'newbies' like me, it was an eye opener indeed. Here are just a couple of their beliefs (from their website):

http://www.onamove.com/belief/

The MOVE Organization is a family of strong, serious, deeply committed revolutionaries founded by a wise, perceptive, strategically minded Black man named JOHN AFRICA. The principle of our belief is explained in a collection of writings we call "The Guidelines," authored by JOHN AFRICA. To honor our beloved Founder, and acknowledge the wisdom and strength He has given us, we say "LONG LIVE JOHN AFRICA!"

OUR RELIGION - LIFE
    JOHN AFRICA taught us that Life is the priority. Nothing is more important or as important as Life, the force that keeps us alive. All life comes from one source, from God, MOM NATURE, MOMA. Each individual life is dependent on every other life, and all life has a purpose, so all living beings, things that move, are equally important, whether they are human beings, dogs, birds, fish, trees, ants, weeds, rivers, wind or rain. To stay healthy and strong, life must have clean air , clear water and pure food. If derived of these things, life will cycle to the next level, or as the system says, "die."

THE SYSTEM
    We don't believe in this reform world system - the government, the military, industry and big business. They have historically abused, raped and bartered life for the sake of money. These rulers and policy makers don't care who they kill, enslave, cripple, poison or disease in their quest for money. They have made material wealth a priority over life. Marvels of science and technological so-called advancements all stem from the system's greed for money and disrespect for life. But a person who is suffocating or drowning doesn't call out for diamonds, gold, or wads of money. The person will do all in their power for a breath of air, because air is a necessity and money is worthless. Over the last century, industry has raped the earth of countless tons of minerals, bled billions or gallons of oil from the ground, and enslaved millions of people to manufacture cars, trucks, planes and trains that further pollute the air with their use. And because of the billions of dollars in profits to be made, the system will favor artificial transportation over the legs and feet Mama gave us to walk and run with. Big business and industry are responsible for the mass production and mass marketing of cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs, which are used to extract further profits from people while keeping them sick and addicted. Politicians are put in place to legalize, endorse, and protect industry and big business, therefore we don't believe in politics at all.

BEING A REVOLUTIONARY
    Revolution starts with the individual. It starts with a person making a personal commitment to do what's right. You can't turn someone into a revolutionary by making them chant slogans or wave guns. To understand revolution, you must be sound. Revolution is not imposed upon another, it is kindled within them. A person can talk about revolution, but if they are still worshiping money, or putting drugs into their body, or beating their mate, they obviously haven't committed themselves to doing what's right. Revolution is not a philosophy, it is an activity.

http://www.onamove.com/belief/

5. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Apologies - I merged these threads once I realized this has been posted before..

6. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    I never New There was such a separation...
    I never new.....
    I never Knew Africa Had a Black Africa.....
    Wow...I must be really stupid(sarcasm:qqb009: )

7. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

Ratings:
    +147
    up date:

MOVE WOMEN DENIED PAROLE!!!

Today, April 22, 2008, MOVE women that survived the August 8, 1978 police attempt to kill off MOVE were denied parole by the Pennsylvania Department of Probation and Parole. The parole board says that MOVE women were denied parole because they minimized or denied the nature and circumstances of the offense; refused to accept responsibility; lacked remorse and because the prosecutors office said MOVE should not be paroled because we act outside the “law”. In fact, it’s the parole board that is “acting outside the law” by demanding that any inmate (especially those that have maintained their innocence from the very beginning) say that they are guilty when they are not. MOVE is innocent, we ain’t guilty, we ain’t gonna say we’re guilty and the parole board has no authority to demand that we lie and say we’re guilty.

That is the height of arrogance when the parole board knows that countless people are convicted in the courts daily, are sent to jail and end up being released after 20, 25, 30 years because they are innocent just like they said they were. Where would any “remorse” come from when you are innocent? Why would anybody take responsibility for a crime that they didn’t commit? Where is the wrong in denying something that you did not do. It is obvious that these officials are sending a very clear message to the people. The message is that they’re gonna do whatever they want to do and they don’t care about the truth , they don’t care that they’re breaking they very laws that they claim to have MOVE and millions of others in prison for breaking and they don’t even care that people know that they’re the ones that are breaking the law.

Lynn Abraham (the district attorney of Philadelphia that used to be a judge) says that MOVE “acts outside the law” so we should stay in prison? In fact, She acted outside the law when she signed warrants for MOVE in May of 1977 even though the police commissioner said MOVE had committed no crime. Then mayor, Rizzo, “acted outside the law” on August 8, 1978 when he ordered MOVE HQ., vital evidence in a murder trial, the “scene of the crime” destroyed. The courts “acted outside the law” when they proceeded with the trial after destroying the scene of the crime because when they destroyed the evidence they destroyed the bases for any trial. Judge Malmed, the trial judge in the August 8th murder trial “acted outside the law” when he sentenced 9 innocent MOVE people to a maximum 900 years in prison for a crime that he could not say or prove that any 1 of the 9 committed, a crime that he admitted publicly that he didn’t have the “faintest idea” who committed. Lynn Abraham “acted outside the law” when she knowingly signed fraudulent warrants for cops to come out and murder innocent MOVE people in May of 1985.

The proof of just how fraudulent those warrants were lie in the fact that every single charge listed in those warrants were dismissed as having no basis, every single charge. Is there any question why MOVE people are so bitter, so full of fight and so motivated to keep revolting against this rotten *** system? JOHN AFRICA has opened our eyes and HE keeps us motivated, keeps us full of fight. They can hurt MOVE because we’re alive, we have feelings, but thanks to JOHN AFRICA they WILL NEVER STOP MOVE!

LONG LIVE JOHN AFRICA! LONG LIVE REVOLUTION!

I wonder if this was mentioned during all the campaigning in PA?:confused:

Uhuru! (freedom)

8. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560