Black Spirituality Religion : Motivation

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Blackbird, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Here's how I see it.... regardless of whatever path we choose in life - something motivates us to choose it. No matter if you are a Christian, a Muslim, a Jew, ATR practitioner, occultist or atheist (and the many other things in between) - there was something or some seminal event that encouraged you along. What was it?

For me, it was my dreams....

Tuhwi

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    After studying the worlds religions and practices, as well as the occult, from Crowley to Hermetics,
    I came to Christianity because it stressed service, and love, and it was the least expensive to practice.
    One did not need a church building or apparatus, just the will to heal the sick, clothe the the naked and feed the hungry, anfd fight against any Ceasar or Empire.
    Basically an urban religion for those under an opressive oligarchy.

Those living the indegenous life would not be in need "of a doctor",
    because most if not all indegenous peoples lived in communities spritualy based on the Common Good, and there were no naked or hungry, nor any opression or injustice.
    So for them Christianity would serve no purpose, except if a false version of it were used to exploit and mentaly manipulate, as it has done many today.
    Most of ours sisters and brothers in this nation, are not realy Christians but , churchianitists, who see no need to use their religion for the Greater Good, of the Raace and put their religion above race, hiding in it rather then doing the Community work that true Christianity requires of each individual.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Thanks for sharing. That was a real reason.... ain't no denying that. I appreciate your response and can respect your rationale.

Tuhwi

4. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Can you share with us in more detail how your definition of Christianity differs from the commonly perceived definition (what you termed 'churchianity')? It might be necessary to start a new thread, but I'd be interested in seeing how the two concepts differ in your opinion. Thanks.

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    For me, a fire in my soul.

:heart: