Black Parenting : Mothers more likely to Kill Children Than Fathers

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by Therious, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
  2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    simple...over looked and yes it need to be addressed because our future is in the mothers hands

3. tjr19136

tjr19136 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes this is the biggest killer in the Black community as of today, and most of our people are unconscious in regards to deadbeat black mothers; however, in some cases these black mothers go out there way to destroy their kids out of pure selfishness. We have really become a self-destructive race of people. My mother destroyed my father and she tried to destroy me, but due to the strength of God I’ve survived all her attacks and traps. First, she aloud me to be placed in special education where I was given drugs, she tried to 302 me and decided not to go through with it, when I told the people she was beating me and she thought she was going to get in trouble. I was shot and arrested and in both situations she wasn’t around, praying for my defeat. She had my father paying $600 a month in child support and the only time she really spent the money in regards to and my younger brother was for babysitters. I spent most of my childhood under the supervision of strangers. Moreover, now that I am on my way to college she is very bitter, and has become very emotional abusive; she, also gives back advice out of domineering controlling jealousy; for example, I plan on going to grad school for pharmacy she tries to talk me into becoming a nurse, which is a lower level job compared to pharmacy. I also notice she picked bum and non-intellectual people to socialize with, so she could look down on them when thing go wrong; however, she's usual the one playing the fool, due to the fact she attract other sociopaths who actually prey on her, but she uses her economical status of 40k per year to feel superior. My younger brother is slow, probably because of her, however, she currently gets $700 a month for him; instead of letting him go live on his own.

4. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    Yup. Mothers are more likely to kill their children because they spend more time with them. Dudes, you want come up? Meet your woman half way on child care

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Interesting topic, but no statistics are presented, neither is there a racial breakdown crunching out the numbers. The source: The GOOD MEN Project, appears to write from a white perspective, although there are shades of blackness in various top ten reports.

Peace In,

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    There is no big statistics that state this but mother's are with children moreso
    then dad's so it could be , we hear about some cases and there are a lot of dad's
    who do this as well step-parents so the numbers can swing differently or evenly

How can you hurt what you birth.......

7. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I hear just about both...Here in WA I hear more men doing it though...I hear stories of the dad beating and punching their infant or toddler to death while the mother was out.

Regardless of who is doing what, its vicious and sad.

8. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +879
    This is a thorough report completed in 2009 by the US Dept of Health and Human Services. There are many data points including fatalities by race and perpetrator, with the following results:

More than 80 percent of child fatalities were comprised of African-American, Hispanic, and White victims. Nearly one-third (29.1%) were African-American, nearly one-fifth (17.0%) were Hispanic, and nearly two-fifths (39.2%) were White. Children of American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, multiple race, and Pacific Islander racial categories collectively accounted for 3.6 percent of child fatalities. More than 10 percent (11.2%) of children were of unknown race. (See table 4–5, figure 4–2, and related notes.)

Three-quarters (75.8%) of child fatalities were caused by one or more parents. More than one-quarter (27.3%) of fatalities were perpetrated by the child’s mother acting alone and more than one-fifth (22.5%) of child fatalities were caused by both parents. Child fatalities with unknown perpetrator relationship data accounted for 8.7 percent. (See table 4–6, figure 4–3, and related notes.)

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm09/cm09.pdf

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

......Great point brother, how can you hurt what you birth.

Peace In,

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

.......Point sister, both are involved in this vicious and sad act.

Peace In,