Black People : MOTHERLAND - A Film By Owen Alik Shahadah

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ocacia, Mar 15, 2010.

1. ocacia

ocacia Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +89
    Motherland is a breathtaking film passage, which sweeps the continent of Africa. With an all-star cast, it is a vivid cinematic centrepiece washed with an African aesthetic. A bold empowering sophisticated story of Africa, which in progressive dignity reaffirming terms looks at Africa's past, present and future. Motherland is an epic and unprecedented entry into the canon of African-owned cinema, which charts the glory and majesty of the Motherland (Enat Hager). Motherland is a film that unapologetically calls for African unity, self-determination and the African rebirth.

for more info
    .themotherland.info

From the acclaimed producers of the multi-award winning 500 Years Later , Motherland is Directed by Owen ‘Alik Shahadah. Motherland has been in the making since 2004 and is expected late 2009.

Cast:The film features some of the greatest minds from Africa and the Diaspora; Harry Belafonte , Meles Zenawi, Nicole C. Lee, Gamal Nkrumah,Tony Browder, Musa Njoko, Haki R. Madhubuti, Frances Cress Welsin, Tsedenia Gebremarkos, Hakim Quick, Jacob Zuma, Didymus Mutasa, Dr. Kwadwo Osei-Nyame, Jeff Radebe, Molefi Asante, Maulana Karenga, Kimani Nehusi, Desta Meghoo, Hakim Adi, Esther Stanford, Mohammad Ibn Chambas, Mulugeta Asrate, Amina Salum Ali, Sheik Elias Redman, Adama Samassekou Samia Suluhu Hassan.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Is it out on DVD or where can i find it to buy ????

3. ocacia

ocacia Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +89
    themotherland.info for all the info

I cannot post links b/c I am new

4. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633
    Yes indeed, this is the sequel to "500 Years Later, of which i thought was the best film i've ever seen, and was very informative on things i didn't know, and so should this film....here's the links:

http://www.themotherland.info/

Here's where you can BUY:

http://www.halaqah.com/shop/

5. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Oh yes, mos def looking forward to this. We had Brother Shahadah over a few years back to introduce and take a Q&A for 500 years later. Next week thursday (or friday) he's back to present and Q&A Motherland.

Can't wait for this one. Saw the trailer way back when, when it didn't have any actual footage just a montage and the webpage was empty - still psyched :D

Just have to mention that Brother Shahadah sets himself a part in the documentary business when it comes to our people in the Diaspora, he does it so WELL. Not only the content but the way he edits, cuts and pans makes you proud. He's got good docs out there besides 500 Years Later too. Check out 'Our Story Our Voice'.

One,

- Brother Chimoabi