Mother Starves Her Children

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by Destee, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Police: Woman says she starved children to death

Alabama mother charged with killing her 3 kids

Monday, February 7, 2005 Posted: 1:38 AM EST (0638 GMT)

[​IMG]
    Natashay Yvonne Ward, 33, is charged with killing her three children, ages 8, 9 and 11.

(CNN) -- A Huntsville, Alabama, woman charged with capital murder in the deaths of her three children told investigators she "deliberately starved her children to death," a police spokesman said Saturday.

Natashay Yvonne Ward, 33, is charged with killing Shanieka Y. Ward, 11; Latricia Ward, 9; and Christopher O. Ward, 8.

"She told investigators that she deliberately starved her children to death. They did appear to be malnourished," Wendell Johnson of the Huntsville police said. Autopsies will determine how and when they died, he said.

Ward is being held without bond at the Madison County Jail.

Police found the children's bodies on the floor of three separate bedrooms in their apartment in west Huntsville on Friday afternoon, Johnson said. There were no beds in the rooms, he said.

Asked whether the children might have been dead for days, Johnson said that was "very possible."

Utilities had been cut off to the apartment on January 12, and family members put some money together to have the utilities turned back on, he said.

Friday, paramedics responded to a 911 call, and one of the children's grandmothers was at the apartment with Ward. Johnson said he did not know whether the grandmother was Ward's mother.

Johnson said authorities believe the father -- who was not named -- did not live with the mother, but was in the parking lot of the apartment building when police arrived.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    She needs the death penalty. And her family members need a lot of jail time. She didnt miss any meals. That was torture on the level of the 3rd Reich death camps. She knew and didnt care. The father and her mother knew and did nothing

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  3. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    I dont know where EVERYONE else DOES but this is WHAT I SEE.

In many SOUTHERN TOWNS, on SUNDAY our COMMUNITY and FAMILIES meet to CHECK UP on ONE ANOTHER.

This gives a CHANCE for the ELDERS to see how their GRANDCHILDREN are DOING.

This also is OPPORTUNITY to PLAY with COUSINS and KNOW the FAMILY and that of the COMMUNITY.

I am willing to BET this PARENT did not ATTEND and GRANDMOTHER MOSTLY and GRANDFATHER were CONCERNED that they DID NOT SEE SO and SO.

How is the GRANDCHILDREN ETC ETC.

This caused PROBABLY her RELATIVES to GET OUT of their PLANS and CHECK UP on her and THE CHILDREN.

She refused.

On that SUNDAY, usually ALOT of FOOD is PREPARED and GRANDMA will LOOK at HER GRANDCHILDREN and ASK WHY ARE YOU SO THIN.

She would TRY to FEED her GRANDCHILDREN.

In this CASE the GRANDDAUGHTER or GRANDDAUGHTER would be CHASTISE for such because GRANDMOTHER will not TOLERATE SUCH FOOLISHNESS on her GRANDCHILDREN.

The PARENT who was PLOTTING DECIDED to TAKE MATTER INTO THEIR OWN HANDS.

And this is the RESULTS.

Another THING is what the PARENTS VALUED for their CHILD.

They VALUED TELEVISION and OTHER THINGS.

But those THINGS DID NOT TEACH THEM SURVIVE for their OWN LIVES.

Those ANCESTRAL VOICES (the GIFT) were AROUND ready to SAVE the DAY but alot of BAD TEACHING TOOLS were AROUND.

Thus the CHILDREN PERISHED.

All in all a GOOD LESSON for PARENTS and COMMUNITY. ALSO the READER to THINK ABOUT.

But I talk MYSTERIES.

Oh well.

4. lokivaliant

lokivaliant Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    If anyone knows the apartment number my email is EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED ...I currently reside in what I believe to b the one...the office tells me its not but..I believe otherwise...