Black Parenting : Mother Stabs Daughter Over a Man

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by Destee, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Mother Stabs Daughter Over a Man

WHEC-TV
    Jan. 29

[​IMG]

An adult sex toy party on the city's southwest side turned violent Saturday night.

Rochester police say 39-year-old Joanne Jones stabbed her 22-year-old daughter Lataseha Nobles. It happened late Saturday night on Columbia Avenue off South Plymouth Avenue. Police say Jones stabbed Nobles after finding out they had both been intimately involved with the same man. Nobles was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital.

Nobles is listed in satisfactory condition. Jones is charged with first degree assault.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16858036/

:heart:

Destee

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    How ignorant! That woman was wrong for harming her daughter; this is a shining example of why man-sharing as we know it, ought to be outlawed! I bet the man was:
    [​IMG]
    Where is that man at now? Out there preying on the nexrt mother-daughter team whom he can instigate some mess with? As long as BW continue to LIMIT themselves, we will continue to read front page stories like this.

Peace

3. darkreign

darkreign Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    i'm going to assume that the daughter didn't know that the man was also involved with her mother. if i'm wrong, then that makes the daughter look bad as well. but i still have to place most of the fault on the mother b\c i would have kicked the man to the curb, let my daughter know my disapointment in her, and commense in changing my life style b\c the one they have is obviously disfunctional. nothing could make me harm my child.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Sister Spicy ... i'm surprised your focus is on the man.

I don't see how he has a whole lot to do with this. We could easily replace him with ANYTHING, or leave him as is, and there would still be no justification for a Mother stabbing her daughter.

How does a Mother get to the point that she not only pulls a knife on her daughter, but stabs her?

Even if there were no available men ... complete limitations ... something other than a man, is at play here ... i think.

If it is about the man, and he is so worthless ... why didn't she stab him?

:heart:

Destee

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    That is sad when a mother could do harm to there child over anything
    in motal life , first thing came to mind was they had too much to drink
    at this party or somebody on drugs and was spaced out , she must feel
    really bad after hurting her child a loveone so close......wow deep stuff...

6. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Don't get me wrong, what the mother did was unacceptable. Under NO circumstance would I EVER go that route with my daughter over a man. My issue is: THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING STOPPING THAT MAN FROM REPEATING THE SAME BEHAVIOR. Black women are INFAMOUS for going "way out" over a man. Shame on the mother:skillet: She looks crazy anyway.

I'm certain their mother-daughter relationship wasn't all peaches prior to this incident. The mother is serving her time for assaulting her daughter, but that man is NOT held accountable for something he instigated.

What ever happened to morale and respect?

The mother and the boyfriend lacked BOTH.

Although the boyfriend didn't put a gun to the mother's head and MAKE her stab her daughter, this whole situation is a reflection of what happens all too often in Black relationships (intimate and familial); maybe not to THAT extreme.

Peace

7. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    Based on the report of WHEC-TV how do you 'know' he instigated it? How does WHEC-TV know for sure both women were intimatly involved with this guy? Also consider the time frame, my last question(I got more but I'm stopping @ 3 :) ) When did the daughter have relations with this guy ? It could have taken place a long time ago B4 'ma' met the guy. These questions are almost irrelavent to this act of violence. I merely ask these ?s because of your assumption of this man. It makes me wonder other things though........

8. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    But Hey I love that pic of the beach you (Spicy) posted. Whats missing is me on a beach chair snuggled up with a Goddess on my lap queitly staring into the sunset.
    deep inhale hold it now let out ;)

9. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    He knew full & well what he was doing. Who else besides a drama king would get involved with a mother & daughter simultaneously?

"Police say Jones stabbed Nobles after finding out they had both been intimately involved with the same man."

According to the police report... at the same time as he was having "relations" with her mother.

Are you a supporter of "3rd removal don't count"?

Well, what assumption would I need to make? He was with BOTH mother and daughter. I don't care IF there was a 5 year gap; that's nasty in my book. Apparently the mother and daughter didn't know because ALL HELL BROKE LOSE WHEN IT WAS REVEALED.

I'M NOT SURPRISED. Society is all screwed up to the point that a person with morals is looked upon with suspicion. Oh well.

Peace

10. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    *chuckles* Me too, isn't it breath-taking? I love beaches.

Wait, you left out the part where the chilly evening tide flirts with your toes... her hair sensually slaps her cheek... while the sun reverberates an AMBER coating over her zealous Bambi eyes:blush:

Relax... relate... release:spinstar:

Peace