Black People : "Mother of the Matrix" Victorious

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by DreamFunk, Feb 13, 2005.

1. DreamFunk

DreamFunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    "Mother of the Matrix" Victorious

Monday, October 4th 2004 ended a six-year dispute involving Sophia Stewart, the Wachowski Brothers, Joel Silver and Warner Brothers. Stewart's allegations, involving copyright infringement and racketeering, were received and acknowledged by the Central District of California, Judge Margaret Morrow residing.

Stewart, a New Yorker who has resided in Salt Lake City for the past five years, will recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels. She will soon receive one of the biggest payoffs in the history of Hollywood, as the gross receipts of both films and their sequels total over 2.5 billion dollars.

Stewart filed her case in 1999, after viewing the Matrix, which she felt had been based on her manuscript, "The Third Eye," copyrighted in 1981. In the mid-eighties Stewart had submitted her manuscript to
    [...continued]

2. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    dream funk...
    i actually did a thread with this a week or so ago..subject Sophie T..wins case...check it out...it's in here couple of weeks back...
    its exciting isn't it...

3. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yup

I remember that thread and I say congrats to the sister..I'm just hoping I'm related to the sister somehow..maybe I'm her daddy's co-worker's, great aunts 5th child, but third born to her play nephew's imaginary friend name Ben...making us long lost cousin...12 times removed and 3 times put back...lol

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    You know those thievin ******** will file bankrupcty before they pay this sister her due!