Black Parenting : Mother Embarrasses Her Little Daughter For Acting Up In School

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by skuderjaymes, Nov 15, 2013.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  2. Fieldpea

Fieldpea Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +778
    First, I guess mom's decided on this kind of response in lieu of a butt whuppin. I hope this works positively (for both of them), especially the part about facebook (even as it has also made it to youtube).

Second, I suspect her daughter will think at least twice about acting up in class next time.

Third, I hope the vid doesn't stay up on facebook or youtube for any longer than 2-3 weeks. Any longer, and I think mom risks 'the lesson' being lost on her daughter.

Finally, I think this is a *novel way* to try to stop her child from clowning at school. I kinda wish I had this kind of tool to turn to (given the many trips I had to make to school behind my two knot-heads). Though on the real, not all of my trips were justified by the teacher's take on things, and/or the admin's POV, when I agreed with their assessments, then 'yeah' I think even *the threat* this kind of action would have worked wonders on my oldest son and not done one bit of good with the younger one.

For this kind of parental response, the parent HAS TO KNOW their child, bottom line, to even figure that something like this will work *for the greater good* of their child.

Timing (exposure) is everything with this particular strategy.

One Love, and PEACE