Black People : Mother allows son to dress up like a girl

Mother allows son to dress up like a girl

This would be more appropriately described as: "PARENTS allow son to dress up like a girl."

This isn't a single mother. This young boy has a Black father who is accepting of this also.

However, all I can do is shake my head at this mother and father with all this "embracing" and "acceptance," especially in a child this age.

Clawd, have mercy.

About the Book:

My Princess Boy is a nonfiction picture book about acceptance. With words and illustrations even the youngest of children can understand, My Princess Boy tells the tale of a 4-year-old boy who happily expresses his authentic self by wearing dresses and enjoying "traditional girl" things like jewelry, sparkles or anything pink. The book is told from a mother's point of view, sharing both positive and negative experiences the Princess Boy has with family, friends, classmates and even total strangers.

My Princess Boy
is designed to open a dialogue about embracing uniqueness, and teaches children -- and adults -- how to accept those who cross traditional gender lines when it comes to clothing and self-expression. The book ends with the understanding that 'my' Princess Boy is really 'our' Princess Boy, and as a community, we need to accept and support young children for who they are and how they wish to look.

Get to know My Princess Boy and the family. This is acceptance in action: Parents, Big Brother, Psychologist, and Teacher - all working to support a child who has interests that are different than the mainstream.

http://myprincessboy.com/

Is this pushing a child to become something that they are not?

In a child this young, IMO,........YES!

Many young children go through phases like this.

Good grief!

How many little girls are "tom-boyish" at that age and older?

How many little girls like playing with traditional boy toys?

How many mothers go through resistance and drama to get their little girls in a dress at that age and older?

How many little girls are NOT "prissy" at that age?

Almost all of this can apply to my own childhood; but I'm still a heterosexual Black woman today and my mother didn't need to write a BOOK about how I wouldn't wear a dress or played like a boy with my older brothers!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back