Black People : MOTEL 6 racial slur???

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/motel-6-racial-slur_n_1720762.html?1343747954

Joseph Ross, a Dayton, Ohio, resident, got an unwelcome "welcome" this weekend when he checked into a Motel 6 in the nearby town of Sharonville, where he planned to attend a jazz festival.
Ross told WCPO that he switched on the television in his room only to be greeted with an on-screen racial slur: "Hello ******!"
"I turned the TV on and when I laid back on the bed I just happened to see something on the screen and I was like, 'Ah, that ain't there, so then I focused my eyes and I couldn't believe what was on there,'" he told WCPO in Cincinnati.
Ross complained to Motel 6's corporate office and reached out to the president of the Dayton chapter of the NAACP, who confirmed the on-screen slur to WCPO.
On its website, the Cincinnati NAACP said that the Dayton chapter "independently called the location to ask if the Motel 6 had on their TV broadcast 'Hello *******.' The person who answered the phone confirmed the information was true but provided no explanation or clarity of why."
The police are also investigating the incident.“We are taking this very seriously and we are looking into it,” Sharonville Police Lt. James Nesbit told Cincinnati.com.
Motel 6 released a statement deploring the incident:
"At Motel 6, we are proud of the great diversity of the guests that we serve, and we are completely appalled by the offensive slur that appeared on our guest's television screen Friday. We are investigating to determine how this mishap occurred, and after inspecting other rooms this appears to be an isolated incident."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back