Black Spirituality Religion : Most Religions are designed to WEAKEN folk, IMHO

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ionlyspeaktruth, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    I guess that is why I left Christianity MANY moons ago. The thought that someone would stand in the pulpit and tell me to LOVE MY ENEMIES was galling to me. Turn the other cheek... Forgive everyone etc.... It struck me that my religion was NOT Christianity, but Afrikan Libertion and Pan Afrikan Unity! I bet the DEMON that continues to oppress our people world wide just loves the idea of "Loving your enemy":uhoh:SMH Afrikan spirituality has been around for God only knows how many thousands of years. Yet we scoff at anything that is not gift wrapped in a collection plate or a bunch of FABLES! Until we discard the myths that tend to keep us docile and sedated, we can never go about the FAMILY business of World wide NATION BUILDING!:toasts:

2. OnTyme

OnTyme Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    So was Martin Luther King a mindless coward for hanging on to faith and standing with the non-violent movement? There are many others of different faiths that are pacifists, not just Christians. How about Ghandi? He turned the other cheek, but he stood up to his enemies.

Pacifism is not cowardice, pacifism is not weakness, it is strength. It is resistance of the status-quo without having to resort to the irrationality, and hatred that is violence.

I do however understand why some people lose their faith, I have many times questioned my faith. But over the years I am proud to say I cling to my faith, I try my best to pray for my enemies, and I try very hard maintain peace.

I am going to stay out of a debate about it, but I can tell you from personal experience, I have had people that hated me without any provocation and reason. I have had a few terrible experiences in my life, and it is almost as if God allowed for me to see the vengeance that was his...

As an example and this is a very mild example, because I have faced worse hardships than that... I had a boyfriend that used me, lied to me, he went behind my back with terrible rumors, and he was my first love, we started medical school together. As it turns out his lies were exposed, and well he left me for another girl...To make a long story short...
    He graduated ahead of me, I was a laughing stock and I had to transfer because he even involved my professors said I was cheating on exams, and I wasn't. Well I ran into him, the summer before last...I mean we were not even from the same state, had nothing to say or do with each other. You know what? He lost his residency program that same week. Hadn't seen him in 3 years and I was like whoa...and it could be coincidence, but I dont think so at all. I believe the Lord wanted me to see, that despite all the lies he talked on me to other students, and the dirt that he did me when he walked by me with his new spanish lady and laughed in my face. He and his new lady, both at the same residency program lost it together.

3. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    I bet the DEMON that continues to oppress our people world wide just loves the idea of "Loving your enemy":uhoh:SMH

The enemy may love the typical human idea of 'Love thy enemy' But do you really think anything in the universe wants God to label, he, she, or it their enemy?

4. hiphopolx

Ratings:
    +209
    The purpose of your enemy is to help raise your consciousness (thus the true meaning of love your enemy)or in the language in some religious faiths bring you closer to your God:angel1:
    I hope you didn't go thru all that stress without learning something. What ever you did gain tho I hope you are a better person from it:eek:

I for one appreciated your reply here. It actually helped me, and for that I thank you

It was right.
    'OnTyme'
    :grouphug:
    Peace

5. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    The Gandhi reference :eeek: Africans would have to disagree with his 'peace keeping' methods ;)

I agree with you Ionly, religions are designed to keep people docile and oppressed, which allows their leaders to commit atrocities 'In the Name of God' and not be questioned by the masses.

6. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Most religions have an exoteric aspect suited more for the general populous as well as an esoteric aspect to them. But are we are willing to look deeper into the path we have chosen to follow? If we did we would see that all religions stem from our ancient Ancestors many many thousands of years ago.

Most religions are merely stepping stones to our spiritual evolution. Many of us sadly choose to stay on the exoteric aspect of our chosen path which not only weakens us but allows for the many atrocities to be committed because we are taught to believe rather than question what is presented to us.

Due to our enslavement and the lack of knowledge from my parents I had chosen to take the exoteric path of Islam many years ago, yet where I believed Islam was not elevating me, it did bring me further along my journey onto the esoteric path of Sufism which spiritually benefited me greatly. This then brought me onto the path of Afrikan Spirituality where I am now able to recognise the origins of all religions.

If we were'nt lost, we would not have the desire to want to find ourselves. We each get what we need at the time we need it. As it is said, 'when the student is ready the teacher will appear'.

Love, Peace!

7. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Is protecting one's family, one's children, one's people, one's country etc from any kind of attack or oppression, considered violence? If all the Afrikan nations were to turn the other cheek when European or other invaders and violators came, then would our people not be extinct?... Just a thought.

Love, Peace!

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367

Hmmm...so would you say we "raised the consciousness" of our oppressors, despite the fact that they were, and are our enemies?

KWABENA

9. hiphopolx

Ratings:
    +209
    Good question

Does your oppressor see you as it's enemy? Or someone it is just indiscriminately picking on? Are you standing in the way of what your oppressor feels is it's destination/destiny? It's like the bully in school. Just picking on folks because of it's own inner demons not because you in particular is his or her enemy.
    But if you fight that enemy back and it gets hurt, yea, you raised it's consciousness at least to know it can't eff with you without repercussions

Peace

10. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Again, as with other posts, I'm aware of the ban, but thought to speak.

Man run religions seek to oppress and break down a person's Spirit; however to have religion isn't to be weak in Spirit but strong, and definitely isn't for one to be oppressed.

There is nothing wrong with loving your enemy. What do you lose by loving them? Since you don't already have them with you, all there can be is gain when they return the love, also. But if you hate them, you are losing someone who could have been gained as a brother or sister to you, so yes, love thine enemy.

Having faith in the Holy Son profits beyond any teachings of men, and faith in His words will produce the goodly fruit of labors. His words were given to us for a reason, and will be with us always; so none should halt at taking them up and holding them near so that they may have life eternal with the King. :)