AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
MOSES Miracles Parallels JESUS MIRACLES

By Andre Austin

I was listening to a lecture of Dr. Richard Carrier on youtube (starting at 41 minutes until the end).

Carrier claims that Moses needs to call down a sky tree (or wood) to drop into the water to make it drinkable and heal people from diseases of the Egyptians was the bases for Jesus using spit to cure hearing (Mark 7:34) and the blind who say men like trees (Mark 8:22-26). Blindness was an epidemic problem in Egypt which is alluded to in Exodus 15.

Exodus 15:22-27 King James Version (KJV)

22 So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water.

23 And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.

24 And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?

25 And he cried unto the Lord; and the Lord shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,

26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

27 And they came to Elim, where were twelve wells of water, and threescore and ten palm trees: and they encamped there by the waters”.

This makes me wonder even more about the parable of judging others who have sawdust in their eyes when you have a big *** plank (Log) in your own (see Matthew 7:1-5).

The precedent for a Tree having the ability to open your eyes to right and wrong was the Tree of knowledge (see Genesis 3:1-7). By inference the sky tree was related to the Egyptians in Exodus 15. Gary Greenberg, (President of the Biblical Archaeology Society of New York), has proven to my satisfaction in his book 101 Myths of the Bible p.48-52 that the above Tree was symbolic of Tefnut-Maat. I went into the works of Budge and found the clouds and Bushes Obscuring the eyes of Ra before healing it (The Gods of the Egyptians Volume 1p. 303).

While doing research for the term Lukewarm Christians taught that it was the bitter water being spit out. Because Luke was a pun for look or eyesight and spit was talked about in the same sentence I thought it was a metaphor for spiritual eyesight. This elite, educated class of gospel writers where using Lukewarm also from Homer’s Illiad 4:489-500 (Leukos) and Odyssey 5:333 (Leucothea). They were very clever

Notes:

When reading Odyssey 5:333-413 it talks about Trial on trial (judging), Eyes for measuring and planks for a ship and the striping off of Clothes, strained vision, healing of misery when land and trees came into sight. These have similar elements in the OT & NT writings.

Luke in greek is Loukas and supposed to mean “From Lucania, Italy”. When I looked up Lucania on Wikipedia this popped up:

Etymology

There are several hypotheses on the origin of the name Lucania, inhabited by Lucani, an Osco-Samnite population from central Italy. Lucania might be derived from Greek λευκός, Leukos meaning "white", cognate of Latin lux ("light"). According to another hypothesis, Lucania might be derived from Latin word lucus meaning "sacred wood" (cognate of lucere), or from Greek λύκος, lykos meaning "wolf https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucania.

I take Loukas/Lucania directly to Leukos in the ILLIAD 4:489-500 because its talking about revenge being taken on the death of Leukos by attacking the eyesight with clouds over its vision. Bamn I was right all along that Luke had something to do with vision.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back