Black People : Mormonism and White Supremacy

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MysteryDoors, May 20, 2008.

1. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    2 Nephi 5: 21- 'And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.'

Alma 3: 6- 'And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.'

What do you think about Joseph Smith and the book of Mormon?

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Thats a bunch of garbage. They think that the white man is god. How stupid does that sound?

3. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
  4. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Racist doctrine indeed...

What concern me is why so many black people are members of this Mormon Church?

Most black Mormons today are members of the LDS Church ("Mormon Church"), headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. There are about 200,000 black Mormons in the world today, about 150,000 of them in Africa.

5. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    That's a very interesting video on Mormons, but the book of Mormon speaks for itself.

When the church received the priesthood 'revelation' in 1978, were the past statements of these important 'apostles' and 'prophets' made redundant? Was there ever a wholesale condemnation by the church of these virulently racist attacks on black people? No, there was not, and the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the doctrine of the curse of a black skin is still very much a part of the church's position in the 21st century.

It seems to me that not only was the church forged in infamy, but in a world far removed from the racism of 19th century America, the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has made only patronising concessions on the issue of skin. colour

http://www.i4m.com/think/comments/mormon-racism.htm

6. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Doctrines are not racist. Only people can be racist.

The religion of Mormonism exists within the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) and black people are in the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy).

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    i would not be overly concerned about a bunch of fools marrying their 14 yo cousins....:SuN031:

8. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21

What about the doctrine of racism in the book of Mormon? What is a racist in your view?

9. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    If there is a "doctrine of racism" people wrote it or a person wrote it. Non-white people have to learn how words work. People write words and people speak words. The words that you are reading right now only have the meaning that I give them. Words are just tools. A word, used as a tool, can only be used to reveal truth or to promote falsehood. A hammer is a tool. A hammer can be used to build a house or destroy a house. All words that are used by people have the meaning that people give them. There is no such thing as a Racist word or a Racist building or a Racist brick or a Racist bomb or a Racist sheet. Only people can be racist. Racist people can use words. Racist people can build buildings. Racist people can throw bricks. Racist people can build bombs. Racist people can wear sheets...but that don't make the sheet racist.
    Racist (click the link to read the definition)

10. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    They seek converts in black neighborhoods. Haven't you ever noticed them walking in the hood two by two, with their white shirts, black pants and backpacks? They probably assume that we are so weakminded that we would just fall at their feet in gratitude. In my old neighborhood they put up a church and did out reach!

My question has always been this about the way they proseltize.... Why do they only approach the men?