Black Sports : Mormeck vs Bell in January for the undisputed Cruiserweight Championship!

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by panafrica, Nov 11, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.fightnews.com/1006.htm

2. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Oneil Bell can be an exciting fighter, but I see Mormeck claiming his 3rd title! I'm happy to see top fights keep getting made...this should be a good one!

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Mormeck is going to crush Bell ....I think ...and with Bell actually calling dude on the phone to tell him to basically get ready to hand the belts over..oh yeah he's going to catch one.....Mormeck can pop ....I only hope he's work on the conditioning issue he had when he fought Braithwaite he didn't get tired until the 12th but still when you're trying to finish you can't get tired.....Oh and you're right Pan this is a big one....with the winner walking away from the ring being the second dude to unify the cruiserweight division in the history of that division....and you know who the last was........The old Warrior himself the greatest cruiserweight ever ( in it's short history) Evander Holyfield........should be a good one regardless though....

Red

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I would have thought that Bell would've tried to hold on to his belt for a little while longer brother Red (especially since many felt he didn't deserve to even win it). However I have to give respect to any champ that tries to unify. I definately see him going down for the count in this matchup though.

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I count as one of those that don't think he should be champ but I completely agree with you on him having heart in making this fight happen....I said it once and will say it again ...I think we are in another glory period where we are seeing the fights that we actually want to see these lower weight class cats are getting it done..fighting anybody and everybody...I'm loving it right now it reminds me of the Hagler,Leonard,Hearns etc days.......

Red

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I also think we are in a golden age of top match making. Some people belief competition with UFC is making promoters put on better quality shows. Whatever the case, I'm happy to see top fighters facing each other once again!

7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.fightnews.com/1018.htm

8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    The fight is this saturday, don't forget to tune in!

9. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    ...very good fight

O'Neil knocks out Mormeck in the 10th round. Great fight. The fight could have been easier for O'Neil if he had stayed on the outside and boxed Mormeck instead of getting close. But, all in all, it was a great fight.

Mormeck was hitting O'Neil with some great shots though. O'Neil has a great chin. Mormeck's lack of endurance got the best of him...that and being hit on the back of the head by O'Neil. :D

10. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    O'Neil has always been a good figher, with incredible power. However he is seriously inconsistant. He was capable of doing this against Dale Brown, but barely gave any effort (which resulted in a win, many thought he actually lost). He is a guarantee to usually have an exciting fight, but I think his inconsistancy will not lead to a long title reign.