Black People : Morgan Freeman Slams Black History

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Fine1952, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/ personalidades/atores/morgan-freeman/morga n-freeman02.jpg
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/ 4534784.stm

Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors...but in this case he is slightly mis-informed....therefore I've had to knock him down a peg or two.....! :uhoh:

To my untrained ear--at first his statements sounded like a plea for integration... :jam:

And, then I had an epiphany... :pool:

---and arrived at a different conclusion...maybe he is going senile in flip opposite of Bill Cosby (i.e. rather than blaming and fingerpointing; Morgan Freeman is in social denial)...

Separating the blaq collective from Black History is like eliminating sight from vision...

I am going to venture to say that maybe he hasn't had the time to read up on the subject of racism and hasn't yet come across the same type of literature I have:

Dr. Claud Anderson
    Dr. Neely Fuller, Jr.
    Dr. Frances Cress-Welsing
    Dr. Chancellor Williams
    Dr. John Henrik Clarke
    Dr. Alex Darkwah
    Dr. Cheihk Anta Diop
    Dr. Josef Ben-Jochannan
    Carl Upchurch
    and
    JA Rogers

just to name a few....

© Fine1952 -- 2005

:tennis:

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I kind of understand his sentiment a lil bit, but he needs to realize that his thoughts will be taken out of context in the media.

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I didn't get that impression when I heard him say what he said. To me, he basically said it's a slap in the face for black people to have only one month towards black history, when this country was built by black people. He said you don't have a white history because basically white history is celebrated everywhere you turn. On the other hand, black history is given a month and then that's it for 11 months until the start of the next February. I think a lot of people took his comment out of context.