Black People : More unmarried women having children

kente417mojo said:
IMO, I don't think there is anything we can do to get this trend under control. People will never stop having unprotected sex because it's unnatural. No one wants a bag over their penis when they're having sex and not too many women want foreign material rubbing and creating friction in their vagina either, and for good reason. Most, if not all birth control (including condoms) have side effects that affect you reproductive organs. On top of that, there are many men and women that have no intention of getting married with or without children. Men don't want to be taken to the jugde to get financially raped in the event of divorce (which is more likely in this country than a successful marriage). Going back to our African heritage isn't going to work because the majority of African Americans have no clue where to start, and even if they did, they don't want to because it's not something that's engrained in them from birth. I agree though, just because many babies are being born to unmarried women, doesn't mean there is no man in the picture. I have noticed that women like to brag about how much they have to take on, but fail to shed light on the fact that the only part of the relationship that the man is not involved in, is the relationship with her. There are men who have a large impact on their child even though they don't live with them, but these men don't get any credit.

Wow, Brother Kente, we was just discussion this among other things in chat yesterday. I agree, alot of Brothers arent getting the credit they deserve and it's because the Government and media, makes it so. There is always some negative aspect of black folks lives that is dispayed world wide.

The Black folks who are doing the right things rarely gets coverage and acknowledgement. For the most part, I believe many Black Men who are actively participating in their childs lives, does get praise and acknowledgement from their immediate family. However, we can't ignore the growing trend of absent parents. With the baby boom rising, we have to consider the possibility of children growing up in single parent homes. The downside of it, and how to re-create the patterns of two parents occuppying the same home. When indulging in sexual relations without the use of protection, children or often born to single parents. If two people decides not to get married for whatever reasons, they should make sure that each will be prepared and ready to support that child mentally, emotionally, and financially.

Its time we change this pattern and give our future generation the tools they'll need for productive, family oriented lives, as well as the means to acheive finacial stability.

Destee said:
Brother Pan ... thanks for sharing.

I counted the word "women" 11 times ... and the word "men" not once.

These are heavy stats, that could not be achieved without men, yet there is no mention of them.

Something is wrong with this picture.

:heart:

Destee

It boggles the mind, doesn't it? Men are constantly left out of the equation. Maybe if the language changed...Instead of "X number of children are born to single mothers", the reports should read, "X number of children are born into families without fathers".

I realize that some fathers are involved and don't receive credit. I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the men (of all races) who don't wear protection, who will sleep with anyone, and then shirk all responsibility. Can we PLEASE hold them accountable? I'm sorry, but I'm sick to death of everything being blamed on the woman.

And I'll tell you what; men are going to continue to be irresponsible as long as our society has the attitude that pregnancy is all the woman's fault and responsibility.

mominga said:
It boggles the mind, doesn't it? Men are constantly left out of the equation. Maybe if the language changed...Instead of "X number of children are born to single mothers", the reports should read, "X number of children are born into families without fathers".

I realize that some fathers are involved and don't receive credit. I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the men (of all races) who don't wear protection, who will sleep with anyone, and then shirk all responsibility. Can we PLEASE hold them accountable? I'm sorry, but I'm sick to death of everything being blamed on the woman.

And I'll tell you what; men are going to continue to be irresponsible as long as our society has the attitude that pregnancy is all the woman's fault and responsibility.

I can understand your frustration sistah, because one side should not shoulder the entire blame when it takes two to tango.

Women are not the blame for un-planned pregnancies, but if you have two adults, or teens having sex and one of them does not insist on protection, then I would have to say they're both at fault.

If two people agree to have un-protected sex, before marriage, then basically what they're doing is casting their fate to the wind. At anyrate, no matter how you slice it, people having un-protected sex before marriage are totally irresponsible.

Sekhemu said:
I can understand your frustration sistah, because one side should not shoulder the entire blame when it takes two to tango.

Women are not the blame for un-planned pregnancies, but if you have two adults, or teens having sex and one of them does not insist on protection, then I would have to say they're both at fault.

If two people agree to have un-protected sex, before marriage, then basically what they're doing is casting their fate to the wind. At anyrate, no matter how you slice it, people having un-protected sex before marriage are totally irresponsible.

Well said.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back