Black People : More unmarried women having children

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Oct 29, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9854408/

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Pan ... thanks for sharing.

I counted the word "women" 11 times ... and the word "men" not once.

These are heavy stats, that could not be achieved without men, yet there is no mention of them.

Something is wrong with this picture.

:heart:

Destee

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    One key statement in this report that might be overlooked was that many of these single mothers are living with partners...they just aren't married. This is interesting in light of brother Isaiah's thread about how important marriage is to today's generation:

http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37841

It is obvious that many people in today's times (perhaps most people) don't feel it is necessary to get married or to even stay with a partner to have a family. That revelation is also important because it is common knowledge that between 65-70% of black children are born to single mothers. The assumption is that in all of these cases, the father (presumed black) is not involved, when that may not be true. I stated in another thread, that I notice black men with their children daily:

http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29314

Many of these brothers do not have rings on their fingers, and often they are not with the mother, but they are spending time with their children.

4. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
  5. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    I always thought that it ws wrong to bear any child other than your husbands from your womb..thats why we have so many confused kids these days.. their karma is tainted.

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
  7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    It should be painfully obvious that conscious choice plays as big a factor as male abandonment.

8. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    :nono: On the contrary of many religious doctrins, some African cultures believe that the Black race needs to reach a population of 1billion 8million, in order for the Black race to transcend to the next level of consciousness.

Although many children are being born out of wedlock, this process is still fulfilling its quota. It's still good to know that many of the teens are realizing the importance of being adults mothers.

What interest me, is why aren't people choosing to marry first? Do people think it will make it less stressful if they choose to separate?

But on a positive note, the population of Black people is on the rise. We must correct our pattern of thinking, so the new arrivals won't be destined to repeat the same mental state, that has locked us down for too long now.

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    What African culture believes this Purple? This is the 1st time I've heard that. In any case, I fully support the black race continuing to grow, expand, and become prosperous. However it is essential that this be done in an environment which best ensures their spiritual, emotional, and economic well being. Being born in wedlock usually provides such an environment.

10. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    As you probably already know, Many African belief pass on their knowledge orally to their descendants. The dogma's, Many Bantu's, and other African black people who have distant themselves from modern day technology and corruptions.

Although my recall laspes at time, I have read this other places including from our very own Brother Afrknroots.

Although it's best to read the thread in entire, here's a link that covers some of it:http://www.destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=330982&postcount=65