Black People : Morals are lackof Morals in the black community.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by youngblackceo, Dec 6, 2004.

1. youngblackceo

youngblackceo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    What's up everyone I had read this article in a post from another board. Basically he was talking about the state of our communites. So here is the article and my answer to the article there is also a short clip from a lecture given by Brother Amos Wilson.

Memo From Commissioner Bill James Has Some Crying Racism

MECKLENBURG COUNTY, N.C. -- Standing in his Matthews front yard, Commissioner Bill James defended his racially charged email. He says he intentionally used explosive language, calling the urban black community "a moral sewer" in order to ignite a dialogue about low performing, inner-city students.

"There is no nice, politically correct, Charlotte way, to address this issue because it is something that no one wants to talk about," he said.

His memo said, "Most people know why CMS can't teach kids within the urban black community. They live in a moral sewer with parents who lack the desire to act properly."

"What I'm saying is okay. I'm a white guy. I'm a republican. A white republican isn't allowed to talk about this. But you know what? I'm going to," he said.

The chairman of the county Republican Party said James' comments hurt the party.

Some republicans say they're worried that if James keeps talking, they'll all suffer in upcoming elections.

Still, James won't apologize. And for his part, he said simply, "I'm right."

This isn't the first time Mecklenburg County commissioner Bill James (above) has sparked controversy by making remarks denounced by critics as racist or homophobic.

• On Sept. 25, 2004, in an e-mail about a proposal to help struggling high schools, James said busing for desegregation failed to increase literacy. "Having little Twanna and Ahmad sit next to little Skippy or Susie did NOTHING except hide the extent of the problem and leave kids on the bus for hours at a time," he wrote. Later in the e-mail, he said "Wonder why HIV-AIDS is rampant in the Black community? Because of sin and immorality and promiscuous behavior. You don't get it by sitting on a toilet seat."

Here is my answer to the article.

What's up everyone, alot of things are going on right know. I hope you cats are looking at things critically. There is so much I would like to talk about but first I would like to answer to a post earlier today. There was a white politician in North Carolina by the name of Bill James. He apparently had wrote in a email what he considered the lack of morals in the black community.

You know the arrogance and ego of the white man is something that we must take a very close look at and study it with very keen eyes. I can't imagine how the descendants of a group of people who's ancestors has done nothing but rape and rob and exploit people, and they themselves who continue to carry on the traditions of their ancestors. How can they sit here and look at us and feel like they have the right to talk to us about morals. Look this is not a issue about whether what he said was correct are not because his intentions are not coming from a point of concern of the value of life of black people. Trust me his statements did not come from the fact that he loves us. It was to continue to label us and discredit our humanity.

I have some other things I would like to discuss but here is a short clip of a lecture from the brother Amos Wilson.
    I think this clip will giive a you all a good idea why a immoral people will always need a group to point the finger to first in order to hide, are to excuse their immoral acts and deeds check it out and let me know what you think. The name of the speech is called "Riot or Revolt: An urban analysis."

http://switchboard.real.com/player/....blackconsciousness.com/media/RIOT_REVOLT.ram

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    hey, Bil Cosby already paved the way for this.
    when is the community going to see that black people extend permission for this abuse?
    we beat each other up freely.
    we have to stop denigrating our own selves.

then we can deal with the white man.

3. youngblackceo

youngblackceo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5

You have a point but I think we have to look a little deeper at the pathology of people who have been classified as being immoral and how that has create a since of inferority in those people. When we look at someone like Bill Cosby, like I said before in my first post we have to look at his quotes more critically and not just emotionally. Listen to what Mr. Amos Wilson said when a group of people has internalize this sense of inferority. They began two see themselves as what the people who classify them as.

So know if we look closely at the pathology of Bill Cosby what he is basically doing is acting out from a his own sense of inferiority. He is lashing out on his own people because of the frustuation of wanting white folks to see us as being just like them. I mean when you really listen to not only Brother Bill, but alot of blacks especially the so-called elite blacks amongst us. Their basic argument is let's show them and I mean whites that we can be just like them. And when we show them we can be just like them then they will change their attitudes and opionions about us. So all of you poor blacks need to start to act right and make yourself more acceptable to the mainstream sense of what's acceptable, clean, and moral. You see this is brother Cosby's frustruation. So the point is not whether are not what he said is right or wrong because there is some weight to what he was saying. The point is that brother Cosby and many of his contemparys are to cowardly or just don't have a clue on how to deal with the people who dominant us and who have defined and falsely classified us as a people. So they lash out on the victims even through they have been victimize by the same oppressor.

You see honestly this type of reaction to the people is not that much different then what's going on in the streets with the violence we commit against each other. If you really look at it from a phychological perspective the motivations for both of these types of actions I feel come from the same place. Let me know what you think.

4. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i agree completely.
    that is why i don't focus on the white people right now, even though i know they are what is truly behind the problem.
    i focus on the black acceptance of this poison.
    i feel if we can immunize ourselves against their poison, we will be able to shut them out of our lives.
    we have been so beat down that we accept that which is toxic.
    some how this has to be countered.

5. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56

James said: when is the community going to see that black people extend permission for this abuse?
    we beat each other up freely.
    we have to stop denigrating our own selves.

then we can deal with the white man.

James, you hit :darts: the bullseye...right on target. I totally agree with you. Whites do not have any room for critizing to the black community. If they feel that we are an immoral people bound by "sewer" standards. Then they should remove the "standards" because in actuality, they themselves have put most of them there.

:uhh:However,there are times when we should bring correction ourselves and this we MUST do if we are to survive as a strong black community. For truly there are things that we are trifling with and to ignore these things and act as if there is nothing wrong will only boil the pot over when brothas like (whom I support) Bill Cosby say things that we should be acting on rather than getting upset about.

If we don't attempt to bring correction OR attention to problems within our own circles, then (Commissioner Bill James) other circles will.

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    the white man is the problem.
    the black man is the solution.

we have to cleanse our selves of toxins and poisons.
    we have to reverse dysfunctional behavior.

we have to stop blaming the victims and blame the perpetrators.
    we need to wake up, clean up and stand up.
    then the white man can kiss my butte.

7. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    THE SO-CALLED SEWER STANDARDS THAT THE CRACKA SPOKE OF IS MERELY AN EXTENSION OF AMERIKKKAN CULTURE. WHITE AMERICA IN IT'S ATTEMPT TO DE-HUMANIZE ANYONE THAT IS NOT WHO THEY ARE, WILL SHINE A SPOT LIGHT ON THAT PEOPLES NEGATIVE SIDE AND SAY "YOU SEE, THAT'S WHY WE'RE BETTER THAN THEY ARE" WITHOUT RECOGNIZING IT FOR WHAT IT IS. A SYMPTOM OF A SOCIETY THAT AS A WHOLE IS AN IMMORAL ONE.
    A SOCIETY AND CULTURE THAT THEY THEMSELVES HAVE CREATED AND LEAD ( OR FORCED ) OTHERS TO BELIEVE THEY MUST EMBRACE IN ORDER TO SURVIVE. BUT OF COURSE, MR WHITE- BREAD NEVER ACCEPTS BLAME. HE ONLY TAKES CREDIT FOR ALL OF THE WONDERFUL THINGS HE'S DONE.

8. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    ===================
    " However,there are times when we should bring correction ourselves and this we MUST do if we are to survive as a strong black community. "

All of the blacks who haven't killed anyone have MORALS. We all have some morals because we haven't yet killed the folks we claim are holding us down. Took our land. Enslaved us. Mistreat us. Disrespect us. All the blacks who haven't rob or stole and are honest, my mother myself, and many others I know have high morals.

If you have never started a war in another country. Or drank the red-rum ( reversed it spells murder ) from murder, and those who commit murder drink the blood of the people and animals they slaugther. Then you have MORALS.

(M)ore (O)vert (R)easoning (A)nd (L)iving (S)kills. = MORALS

================
    I agree I agree. Well said.

Maybe we can demand the state or city spend our tax dollars on our community, on our roads and parks. This isn't unreasonable.

MATTER OF FACT. We all have a roof over our head. EVERYONE THAT IS RENTING.

I would start with my land lord. He would fix my plumbing. My stove. My electricity, and I would put every health and safety official on him that applies. There are laws, we all live under, and un inhabitable dwelling is number one on the books.

Now its the states turn for my community.

Make it an issue an issue then and only then will the Supreme Court step in to hear our voice directly. write an email, and send certified letters. They will be needed to prove you asked first and aren't just making the conversation or request up out of thin cloth, or out of malice.

They protect states rights. So if you challenge the governer, and the mayor, they will have to take you verses the state to court.

That is your money funding everything but the right thing.

I'm ready willing and able, unlike any attorney to get the issue off my chest, present it in a manner without profanity or rude comment before the justices, and get on the books for CHANGE! Wanna Ride!

Who is with me?

Demand first your lights and streets get fixed. Demand your parks get cleaned up. Streets sweeped.. or continue to wish they would do the right thing.

Waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting.. any change yet.

No you haven't CHALLENGED nothing yet.