Black People Politics : Monsanto: The politics of Food

Bootzey

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
"Included in the bill is a rider, Section 735, which says federal courts cannot intervene and halt biotech companies from planting and selling GMO goods to the public, even if testing proves them to be potentially hazardous to the greater public."

http://rt.com/usa/protection-act-monsanto-apologizes-229/

I don't generally get involved in politics because there are a lot of voices to silence my small one and I'm more about making a difference on personal levels. But this bothers me. A LOT. With 1 signature the government has been given carte blanche to poison us for their experiments.

What are you going to do to prevent it from affecting you and your families?

Peace,
Bootzey

I have friends who are divided on their views of genetically modified foods. Some think it's a good thing, and some are not too hyped about it. Me personally, I don't care for it. It's cheaper yes, but what ever happened to quality? If you modify something just to get More then the quality of it starts to go. I care more about quality over quantity.

I have friends who are divided on their views of genetically modified foods. Some think it's a good thing, and some are not too hyped about it. Me personally, I don't care for it. It's cheaper yes, but what ever happened to quality? If you modify something just to get More then the quality of it starts to go. I care more about quality over quantity.

Monsanto concerns me, not only because of its GMO processing, but also because of its aggressive intent to become above the law.

I was looking at a demonstration on the process of genetically modifying foods which showed how a gene considered non-essential within the plant organism is modified for a specific purpose. This purpose may initially be to prevent a certain plant disease, make the plant more resistant to inclement weather elements, or prolong the plant shelf life. But what is ignored is that the changing of one genetic component within the plant, changes the whole DNA component, or chemistry of the plant. This comprehensive change in plant chemistry can (and probably does) change the manner in which that plant acts within our systems - and how our systems react - when we ingest the food component. Cancer is already the major disease challenge of the 20th & 21st centuries. We don't need further aberrant stimuli to induce more abnormal growths.

Obama signs 'Monsanto Protection Act' written by Monsanto-sponsored senator.

These people clearly believe more about money then they believe in people.
I simply can't understand, why they believe they are better then any one else. every one should know by now, not to poop in your food.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back