Black People : Money vrs Wealth

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Dual Karnayn, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Our people need to know the difference between money and wealth.

MONEY = Currency

Money is just a MEANS OF EXCHANGE to keep the economy flowing (currency).

WEALTH = Land, jewelry, metals, food, weapons, people, service, education, knowledge.

We built great cities and maintained empires for hundreds of years without one d*mn dollar.
    How did we do it?

If our people around the world would just recognize the tremendous WEATLH that we have instead of putting so much faith in somebody else's "money" to survive, we'd be much better off.
    They take our WEALTH and give us MONEY in exchange, which is basically worthless.

2. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Still its easier to get money for our people than wealth in land, jewelry, metals, food, weapons, people, service, education, knowledge. Most big league rich people have both and this makes an impression on us as the way to go. To accumulate money. But both forms eventually becomes of no use to the originators and falls into the lap of a new generation or a different peoples again. But the path of wealth and money is the same in the end no matter what part of the globe you are from.

It all boils down to what you will use your wealth and money here on earth. If its to continue to maintain a current lifestyle (in all sphere of human influence power wealth control etc) for you and your family and community and nation in terms of a forever inheritance mentality than you will lose it no matter how smart progressive and rich you feel you are and/or in your family and/or in your community and/or in your nation.

The Egyptian civilization was as progressive (smart, outgoing, precise) and rich (wealth) as many nations today, however they weren't able to carry all this into today to lead the world of the living. They are dead and we are trying to tell a dead civilization story.

In essense if you want to live and want your descendants to live there is definitely a way to have a continuous living legacy. Really let go.

In terms of way of life.

The Egyptians did not let go and they are dead. The Greeks did not let go and they are dead. The Romans did not let go and they are dead. Ancient Chinese did not let go and they are dead. The Songhai empire did not let go and they are dead. Ancient Nubians did not let go and they are dead. Israel of King Solomons time did not let go and we know what happen to Israel in written text. Moors also. Aztecs, Incas follow the same fate. Their way of life is dead. Today, there is no one around to restore their former glory. All these ancient examples follow a path and it is death and being forgotten.

I believe if our people need to recognize something it is this first and foremost. Then set out what you wish to accomplish.

3. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    MONEY lasts only as long as the government that issued it.

However true WEALTH can be passed down hundreds of generations on end and true wealth never loses it's value.

Gold and diamonds are wealth...they don't tarnish or rot.

Land to grow food on is wealth.

Having a strong military is wealth.
    Why do you think Western nations can be trillions of dollars in debt yet still thrive and stay on top?
    Because thier military wealth dares someone to step to them and collect on that debt!

People to work the land and provide service is wealth.
    That's why whites took people and made them into slaves.
    The people they took us from didn't see a need for us, but whites apparently did.

A good medical system to keep the public healthy is wealth.

Learning trades and how to build is wealth.

Someone asked why is Africa so poor.

She is poor because she is constantly giving away her wealth in exchang for usesless money.

Hell, they would keep the gold, land, and educated people and make their own money if they knew best.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    That is very deep brother!

5. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Gold and diamonds are wealth...they don't tarnish or rot.

Wealth is subject to value. Human value. Gold and diamonds are indeed pretty but do we need to have such to be considered wealthy. Many ancient Africans and non Europeans probably saw these geological marvels but did not use it to build wealth. It was just another rock until someone else around the world or region say look these rocks we want and we will give this and that for them. Are they then unintelligent or not smart for taking on the grand importance of this. I say no. But with today's mentality we would condemn them and call them all types of names and cast them as unworthy.

Land to grow food on is wealth.

I agree but this as depends on human value placed on it. Many non-Europeans grew food on what is considered unproductive lands and left the so call productive fertile land the Europeans valued highly to animals and plants of the region. Are they then unintelligent or not smart for taking on the grand importance of this and putting up fences and patrol borders to claim its greatness. I say no. But with today's mentality we would condemn them and call them all types of names and cast them as unworthy.

Having a strong military is wealth.
    WHat happens when your debt as a rich man comes from this strong military. That means you as a rich man must provide someway to house clothe feed provide personal care to your military. And if you die and you have descendants then your descendants are obligated since you need them to maintain your wealth will have to be obligated to the military's children. Since your rich and want to stay rich you use your military to conquer other lands to satify your apetite and that of your military. Rich people's greed is their weakness in this case. Now a people without a military, should they be cast off the face of the earth. I say no. They can still grow and develop relationships other than conquering the world to prove some point based on self-expression.

People to work the land and provide service is wealth.

I agree with this. I see anbother hidden meaning for myself in this message.

A good medical system to keep the public healthy is wealth.
    I agree with this if that is the only intentions. If it is to keep your strong military healthy and not your people then this wont matter. Or if it is only to make a buck to keep a business and doctors happy (maintain their certain lifestyle) but give inadequate care or no care to those who dont qualify (not able to maintain a certain lifestyle..poor, no money broke people) this wont matter.

Learning trades and how to build is wealth..
    No argument here. Agreed. But if you build your trade just to make profit off everybody but not give back equally then this will fall by the wasteside. Again all the civilizations were learning trades and building wealth however that died with their glorious past. So that wealth went somewhere else.

Someone asked why is Africa so poor.

She is poor because she is constantly giving away her wealth in exchang for usesless money.

Hell, they would keep the gold, land, and educated people and make their own money if they knew best.

This somewhat true. But I don't believe the African is the baseless victim in every case. He/She is getting what he or she wants out of this world. Just Europeans have it. If someone else possessed it. The results would probably be the same. That's what modern philosphers describe as human frailty. If its not them and their family community but another neighboring 'weak' community or 'tribe' or neighboring region where they do not venture. In the end it no lost for them. That is so what they believe. Its like if a poor person dies because of his living conditions in Florida it no loss to a rich person in Maine who commands a strong military and wants this poor person to recognize his wealth and power. After all this poor person is 'nothing' to him. We live in the same country but the "value" is intepreted differently. Human value.

And just like any civilization that practice such, they will be cast away and forgotten in the end.

Overall though money and wealth are under constant change like culture is. Nothing is set in stone.

6. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    RustyElbows

I'm glad we can agree on so much.

7. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    I urge everyone to read "Powernomics" by Dr. Claud Anderson. Excellent book. This books provides many answers as well as solutions to our economic issues.

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    all so true and surely this divide the two and it's meanings

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Dual:

Thank you for allowing me to realize how WEALTHY I really am!

CD

10. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Cedric

Lol...You're quite welcom Black