Black People : Monetary Conflicts with Jena6 campaign

truetothecause

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2007
In the fantasy of Afreekan Unity
Occupation
The~rapist
Greetings All

Seems there is a major sqabble about to go down related to the Jena, ColorofChange and the Michael Baisden team.

http://colorofchange.org/jena/baisden/facts.html?id=1940-208706

I wonder what other people are making of this:?:

I for one was shocked when I heard that Michael Baisden and team initiated the rally and such cause I recall learning of the events and had signed petitions on-line long before the rally. I don't listen to the Michael Baisden show so I don't know what he/they were doing prior to the rally, yet, the colorofchange.org seems to have their "proof" in order.

There are and will likely always be arguments when it comes to the "all mighty dollar" and I believe it is the second (if not first) leading cause of marital/relational conflict amongst Afreekan Descendents.

Again, I'm interested in hearing what others think of this and what is going to be in impact for the Youth and their families involved in this one incident of racial injustice known to US all as "The Jena6"

:hearts2:

Update

A bit of consolation.

Update RE~ceived via emai...
E. Faye Williams, Esq.

Dear Calvin Brown,

I read your letter to Michael Baisden and your words expressed the heartfelt dismay we all shared over his statement about Color of Change. If it is of some consolation, here is the apology he published on his website.

Response to Color of Change

The Michael Baisden show and staff were given inaccurate information regarding donations made by the public and David Bowie. We apologize to our listeners and to ColorofChange for not seeking more reliable sources. According to documentation provided by the organization through their web site, all the funds collected by ColorofChange have been distributed to the families as promised.

We do, however, respect the right of four of the Jena 6 families who have insisted that ColorofChange discontinue collection of any monies on their behalf. But this should not reflect on the integrity of this organization which has collected and distributed over $200,000 to their legal defense.

Any insinuations that were made about me wanting to be the sole fundraiser for legal defense is ridiculous. I am too tired after my radio gig to take on that responsibility, and furthermore, it is impossible. No one man or organization can fund the movement of an entire nation.

I am relieved to have put this behind us so that both our organizations can get back to the business of helping people. There is nothing wrong with having disagreements, as long as you love the people enough to work it out, sooner rather than later.

Thanks again for your support of the many organizations that are doing an outstanding job of raising money to help those who desperately need it. We’ve got a long way to go family and we won’t get there unless we work together. Divided we fall!

Michael Baisden

Mr. Brown, your letter, along with hundreds of others, brought contrition to Mr. Baisden. I would hope that he goes public, as he did when he brought shame upon the movement and Color of Change.

Sincerely,
Eddie Griffin (BASG)

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

truetothecause said:
A bit of consolation.

Update RE~ceived via emai...
E. Faye Williams, Esq.

Dear Calvin Brown,

I read your letter to Michael Baisden and your words expressed the heartfelt dismay we all shared over his statement about Color of Change. If it is of some consolation, here is the apology he published on his website.

Response to Color of Change

The Michael Baisden show and staff were given inaccurate information regarding donations made by the public and David Bowie. We apologize to our listeners and to ColorofChange for not seeking more reliable sources. According to documentation provided by the organization through their web site, all the funds collected by ColorofChange have been distributed to the families as promised.

We do, however, respect the right of four of the Jena 6 families who have insisted that ColorofChange discontinue collection of any monies on their behalf. But this should not reflect on the integrity of this organization which has collected and distributed over $200,000 to their legal defense.

Any insinuations that were made about me wanting to be the sole fundraiser for legal defense is ridiculous. I am too tired after my radio gig to take on that responsibility, and furthermore, it is impossible. No one man or organization can fund the movement of an entire nation.

I am relieved to have put this behind us so that both our organizations can get back to the business of helping people. There is nothing wrong with having disagreements, as long as you love the people enough to work it out, sooner rather than later.

Thanks again for your support of the many organizations that are doing an outstanding job of raising money to help those who desperately need it. We’ve got a long way to go family and we won’t get there unless we work together. Divided we fall!

Michael Baisden

Mr. Brown, your letter, along with hundreds of others, brought contrition to Mr. Baisden. I would hope that he goes public, as he did when he brought shame upon the movement and Color of Change.

Sincerely,
Eddie Griffin (BASG)

truetothecause,

You most certainly continue to live up to your forum name and I mean that literally! This update is very much appreciated; glad to know what appeared as a squabble is now extinguished! Thanks again for the follow-up, and the videos! Love you!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back