Black Positive People : Mo'ne Davis makes history as first girl to throw Little League World Series shutout

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Mo'Ne Davis heads to WNBA conference finals

9286ec9718854d225e0f6a7067000a1c.jpg

FILE - In this Aug. 24, 2014, file photo, Taney Dragons' Mo'ne Davis smiles as her team is greeted by fans and city officials during their return to Philadelphia after the Little League World Series. The Little League sensation is heading to the WNBA conference finals in Minnesota on Sunday, Aug. 31. She'll sit with WNBA president Laurel J. Richie and meet both teams, including former UConn stars Diana Taurasi and Maya Moore before the game starts.(AP Photo/Joseph Kaczmarek, File)

Little League World Series sensation Mo'Ne Davis is heading to the conference finals in Minnesota on Sunday.

The 13-year-old star pitcher from Philadelphia became the 18th girl to play in the Little League World Series and the first to win a game on the mound. She has said her dream is to play for UConn and then eventually in the WNBA.

http://news.yahoo.com/llws-star-mone-davis-headed-wnba-conf-finals-192012080--spt.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

NCAA: Geno Auriemma broke the rules by calling Mo'ne Davis

36968f40-2940-11e4-a142-9310b2f6b4d4_MONE-GALLERY.jpg

Having heard that 13-year-old Little League World Series sensation Mo'ne Davis is a big UConn women's basketball fan, coach Geno Auriemma took the time to call the star pitcher to congratulate her on leading her team to the U.S. semifinals.

What a thoughtful gesture by Auriemma, right? Well, apparently not everybody thinks so.

The NCAA ruled Thursday that Auriemma had committed a secondary recruiting violation by calling Davis because coaches are not permitted to call a prospect until late in their junior year of high school. Secondary violations carry little if any punishment because they are typically inadvertent in nature and represent no significant competitive advantage.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaa...call-to-mo-ne-davis-are-absurd-171123869.html

Latest profile posts

Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love:
skuderjaymes wrote on Cindy's profile.
good to see you around Cindy.
2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.