Black Positive People : Mo'ne Davis makes history as first girl to throw Little League World Series shutout

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sports,

Mo'ne Davis makes history as first girl to throw Little League World Series shutout

ed2726f5fbcee51f5c0f6a706700fba6.jpg

Pennsylvania pitcher Mo'ne Davis, left, celebrates with coach Leland Lott as she returns to the dugout at the end of the fifth inning during a baseball game against Tennessee in United States pool play at the Little League World Series tournament in South Williamsport, Pa., Friday, Aug. 15, 2014. Pennsylvania won 4-0, with Davis pitching a complete game two-hit shutout.(AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar)

The legend of Mo'ne Davis, the 13-year-old girl with the 70-mph fastball, continued to grow Friday, as she became the first girl to throw a shutout in Little League World Series history.

She might have grabbed the title of coolest kid in the world in the process, striking out eight and allowing just two hits while getting praised by the likes of Mike Trout and Lil Wayne.

mone_635x250_1408140514.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...le-league-world-series-shutout-210329288.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sports,

Mo'Ne Davis Will Lose Up To $100,000 Because Of The NCAA

Mo%27Ne_Davis_Will_Lose_Up-13b01c1d5387aaa06bc300aa225ba410

Rob Carr/Getty Images

Mo'Ne Davis is still five years away from entering college, and yet the NCAA's strict rule over the college sports world is already costing the Little League World Series star a lot of money.

The owner of Steiner Sports, one of the leading memorabilia companies, told USA Today that he would be willing to sign Davis to a deal that would be worth up to $100,000 for her to autograph items. However, Brandon Steiner also said he would not make the offer because he was concerned it would jeopardize her eligibility to play college sports in the future.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mone-davis-lose-100-000-144431396.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Latest profile posts

Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love:
skuderjaymes wrote on Cindy's profile.
good to see you around Cindy.
2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.