Pert Em Heru / Kemetian Texts : Modern day impact of the Pert Em Heru

Discussion in 'Pert Em Heru / Kemetian Texts Study Group' started by kemetkind, Sep 30, 2006.

1. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Reading through the Pert has me questioning what are the practical modern day themes/principles which can be drawn from it.

Other than the negative confessions, which could be seen as general guidelines for right living, what concepts from the Pert should impact our day to day living?

Also, do any kemetian spiritualists alive today intend on having their own scroll written for them prior to their death?

Just a few questions.

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE KEMETKIND:

Here is where I would say that an observation of METU NETER is in order.

PEACE

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    That's a wonderful idea, Kem--to have a scroll written for us and placed in our coffin when we die.

One of my concerns in all this is how do we make Kemetic spirituality culturally vibrant and accessible to the average Black man and yet at the same time guard against commercializing and compromising it. Anything that becomes popular there's going to be a segment of society trying to make money off it. Wherever there's a market like they say if you want to hang a capitalist he'll sell yoe the rope.

We may not feel that it is complete, we may not feel that it is relevent if we don't somehow twist it into the mold we are used to. Just having knowledge that will help us become all that we were created to be without a building we need to go to every week or a ritual we need to follow ever day or a banquet we can go to every month just doesn't seem fulfilling to some folks. And yet that is what spiritual systems like Kemet offer.

True spirituality cannot be sold. No one can make a dime of it. Our temple is the world. Our holy book is the still, small voice of our inner spirit. Our ritual is love and righteous action. Our preachers are anyone who brings us knowledge. Our mission field is anyone to whom we impart knowledge. People practice Kemetic spirituality everyday without calling it that. Does the Creator care what you call it as long as you do it?

4. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    River baby girl I wasn't suggesting we need scrolls written for us today, just querying whether modern practioners of kemetian spirituality plan on doing so.

I understand and agree with your post 100% concerning the nature and domain of spirituality...especially your last sentence...

5. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    our validation

a look at the book coming fouth by day and night(which means just reading it a couple of times) has showed me that our ancestors where deeply involved in controlling thier emotional faculties to not allow themselves to fall to man or animal state of existence. The negative confessions display them defeating the set inside of them at evey turn and the confession written on paprus(sorry if my spelling is incorrect) is just a matter of physical representation. i myself us it as a tool to develop my approach toward situations in the future. How many negative confesssions can we honestly profess my brother when our hidden intelligence no longer dwells within us? It is important that we not dwell on the physcial practices of our ancestors at this time it is more important to denote the spirtual meaning. because the physical is a direct reflection of the spirtual. interesting question and important however i have not thought about how i would like my funeral procession to go. I know i cannot have a list of negative confessions because my heart is way to heavy from all the very poor decesions i have made in my past. so there would on be like two confessions(lol). IN conclusion i employ every one to get a copy of malichi york el translation. it is the best at this time in my opinion and it is translated by a master whom happens to be of kemetic and african american decent. There we will find the love that is absent from alot of caucassian translations. I am fortunate to have a book store that sells it on the corner where i live and i will be more than happy to ship one to you or any one else interested. I leave u in peace

6. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Personally, I plan on being cremated.

This is an ancient African (and other native people's) custom. That's why, when archeologists comb the ancient land of Kemet, they rarely find caskets and coffins outside the Valleys of Kings/Queens.

The preservation of the body was not about who was the richest, and had the money to pay for it (the concept of money in ancient times was not as it is now). It was a level of reverence; giving the Kha of the deceased ancestor a conduit with which to tether him/her to this plane, in order to commun(icat)e with his children/descendants.

HOTEPU

7. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I like to move and breathe

Yes, I think I will probably be cremated too. It would just drive me crazy to be locked up in a stuffy coffin. Knowamsane?

8. nibs

nibs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +22
    (kemetkind) - Reading through the Pert has me questioning what are the practical modern day themes/principles which can be drawn from it.

kemetic tradition is no different from other african traditional religions as a whole. all african religions are built on strengthening one's connection to their ancestors, and the gods. this is done through righteous living, and making offerings and at times sacrifices. when that connection is strengthened, the divine will manifest within one's life.
    we know that in kemet, temples would be established to particular deities, and these deities would have devotees specifically trained and educated related to them. this is in addition to the general rituals/practices that all people would participate in, daily. while this aspect continues with atr's today; i don't know where you would find specific temples established for each deity today.
    the earth center continues the day to day tradition (anunian); so they would know better if those specific practices are maintained.

(kemetkind) - Other than the negative confessions, which could be seen as general guidelines for right living, what concepts from the Pert should impact our day to day living?

many of the "spells" are to be said and studied by the living, many on particular dates. these practices are a part of ones spiritual development.
    part of the importance of the 42 negative confessions, the 77 commandments that the earth center goes by...etc. is that traditionally you need to prove yourself worthy to be elevated to the status of "ancestor" after death. you won't be honored, you won't have have offerings made to you...etc. otherwise.

(kemetkind) - Also, do any kemetian spiritualists alive today intend on having their own scroll written for them prior to their death?

why stop with a scroll? a scroll, mummification + all the associated rituals.

(SAMURAI36) - Personally, I plan on being cremated.

This is an ancient African (and other native people's) custom.

i was always under the impression that cremation was an indo-european custom. a custom of nomadic peoples. cheik anta diop speaks of this.

burial is the african tradition.
    i know the mayans would move the bones of their ancestors whenever they moved as well. it seems like preserving the remains is the african/original tradition.