Black People : Mocking jesus the christ on israeli tv - צליבת ישו - The Crucifixion of "Yeshu"

I posted the silverman piece, because she echoes a sentiment shared by many (not all, okay!) [white]
jews across the jewish world. She ain't the 4th, 5th, or 6th jew I've heard come off like like that
in one form or fashion.

Having said that, what situation allows her to say the things she say and not catch nearly the same amount
of flack that tracey morgan has for making a joke that upset the g a y community? And to a larger extent,
a situation that allows t.v. shows in israel to make a mockery of jtc and hear, not even a peep from the
evangelic faction(s) (in particular xians in general) that are so pro-israel...

Geo-politically who, or what, is doing the wagging?

I'm quite critical of all the abrahamic faiths, but that stuff I find inappropriate and am rather surprised this stuff
has gotten hardly, if at all, blowback from western christendom. Israel don't hide this stuff as evidenced.

Now this is xian bashing:

I don't get it , most folks here know Jesus to be Black, so now folks desire to mock Christians by saying he is now Chinese????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi'an
Xi'an (Chinese: 西安; pinyin: Xī'ān; Wade–Giles: Hsi-An, also spelled Hsi-an, Hsian, or Sian)[1][2] is the capital of the Shaanxi province, and a sub-provincial city in the People's Republic of China. One of the oldest cities in China, with more than 3,100 years of history, the city was known as Chang'an before the Ming Dynasty.[1] Xi'an is one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China, having held the position under several of the most important dynasties in Chinese history,[3] including Zhou, Qin, Han, Sui, and Tang.[3] Xi'an is the eastern terminus of the Silk Road and home to the Terracotta Army.[1]
Since the 1990s, as part of the economic revival of interior China especially for the central and northwest regions, the city of Xi'an has re-emerged as an important cultural, industrial and educational centre o

In the second half of the question, I think you already provide a pretty good reasonable answer. They're Pro-Israel. They're Pro-Israel in the sense that they're resolutely anti-Arab because they're extremely Anti-Islamic. Normally, I wouldn't care about someone being Anti-Islam -- but the problem for me is that their criticism is only that their religion is better than the "other" religion. I think these fundamentalist are Pro-Israel in the sense that everything is an on-going Holy War and the Holyland needs a glorified babysitter with military might. It's a surprising/funny twist given the history Christianity has with Jews. Fundamentalist who aren't Pro-Israel do share the view of where Jews will end up in the afterlife, but also probably have/had more to say about the content of the satire.

For the first half or your question I'd say it's a combination of a lot of things:

* Sarah Silverman has a lot of support in the LGBT community because of work she's done.
* Sarah Silverman has probably long exhaused her supply of people she can easily offend. She's been doing the same thing for years.
* She's a White middle American woman. So, she'll easily be accepted making some jokes/commentary. Morgan has the advantage of race-based content in his favor. I believe Silverman got in trouble a long time ago over some racial slurs or something. I've never heard of Morgan having the same problem.
* People/public opinion of something is fickle like that.

I suspect we have more of the same stuff because it's profitable, precisely because it's meant to have shock value. For example, I can't figure out why they keep making Jackass movies but there seems to be another one every few years, and in 3-D now too.

In general, race, religion, or sexual orientation shouldn't be protected from free speech. It's far more important to me than freedom from being offended.

I suspect we have more of the same stuff because it's profitable, precisely because it's meant to have shock value. For example, I can't figure out why they keep making Jackass movies but there seems to be another one every few years, and in 3-D now too.

In general, race, religion, or sexual orientation shouldn't be protected from free speech. It's far more important to me than freedom from being offended.
:toast::toast::toast:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Goyim Were Born Only To Serve Us": The Moral Wisdom Of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef
By Martin Peretz

I wrote about “Ovadia,” the beloved head of the Council of Torah Sages and the leading Sephardi “adjudicator” (which is what the Jerusalem Postcalled him yesterday), about a month ago and in four different posts: here,here, here, and here. This was right around the time when I offended so many people with my comments on the heartlessness of jihadist Islam. It should also be very alarming that Shas, the political party of the Jews from the Arab, Persian and Mediterranean orbits, should get its counsel from this heartless bigot. Shas, after all, is a crucial part of the present Israeli coalition.
It is a numerically flimsy coalition, and therefore the prime minister often has to bend to the wishes of either Rabbi Ovadia or his foreign minister, Avigdor Lieberman, who is a different kind of thug. (I’ve also written about this hoodlum before.) Since I believe that Bibi Netanyahu is genuine in his pursuit of peace—which I am convinced the various Palestinians, except for Salam Fayyad, are not- I would prefer a coalition with Kadima which is only marginally more trustworthy that the prime minister’s present partners.
Anyway, I’ve wandered from the sainted rabbi whose last piece of wisdom (here quoted and characterized by Jonah Mandel in the Post) is this:
“Goyim were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel,” he said in his weekly Saturday night sermon on the laws regarding the actions non-Jews are permitted to perform on Shabbat.
Read more:
http://www.tnr.com/blog/the-spine/7...-serve-us-the-moral-wisdom-rabbi-ovadia-yosef

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back