Pan Africanism : mixed afrikan races

Therious

BANNED
Feb 22, 2004
I read much about different "ethnicities" on the continent of afrika. Many point out the apearance of ethiopians, vs. west afrikans, vs, s. afrikans, vs somalies ect. most ethipians and such look to me like nothing more than blk/white-asian mixed. they look like light skinned aa's that speak a different language. Then is the arguement of "northern" afrikans simply a future glance of interracial breeding? were these people evolved ? if so then should west afrikans who have been in north afrika 4 centuries be growing longer noses, and lighter skin?.

Arabs predominate in North Africa, not Africans.

Although they may share a very mixed history with the Arabian peninsula, Habesha's ( Ethiopians/Eritreans ) and Somalians are indiginous African people. I also think the differences between Ethiopians/Somalians and other Africans is exagerrated, they are a part of the Black African family. You can google Ethiopian/Somali history as well as 'Somali Bantu' to learn more about the Horn of Afrika region.

African_Prince said:
Arabs predominate in North Africa, not Africans.

Although they may share a very mixed history with the Arabian peninsula, Habesha's ( Ethiopians/Eritreans ) and Somalians are indiginous African people. I also think the differences between Ethiopians/Somalians and other Africans is exagerrated, they are a part of the Black African family. You can google Ethiopian/Somali history as well as 'Somali Bantu' to learn more about the Horn of Afrika region.

by indigeneous you mean they were always there? was not the land not belonging to traditional featured black afrikans before a long series of wars and natural disasters? i will not generalize but do some consider themselves non-black or anti black? we know the arabs are foreing invaders so are these the mixed off spring?

thank u for the link

Habesha and Somali people are indiginous to the African continent. By this I mean you could always tell the Arabs in North Africa 'go back to the Arabian peninsula', White people, 'go back to Europe' and Indians/South Asians 'go back to India, or whatever South Asian country you immigrated from', they can trace their roots and cultures back to those places but Habesha and Somali people have nowhere to go outside of Ethiopia/Eritrea/Somalia/Djibouti, they have Arab ancestry and a long history with the Arabian peninsula but they are not Arabs or of (primarily) Arab descent. Some mistaken and confused ones may not identify themselves with the rest of Black Africa or as African or Black( they are), but they're not and I don't think you'll find any who consider themselves , Arabs, maybe a people unto themselves distinct from the Arab world and the rest of Black Africa, but not just Arabs. Arabs speak Arabic. Somali, Tigryna, Amharic etc. are indiginous to the African continent. As far as I know, Somali's displaced the Galla in Somalia who pushed down south the indiginous Bantu speaking Africans, but Ethiopians ( except for their Arab ancestors ) didn't come or migrate from anywhere else outside of Ethiopia.

'Adoon' is a deragatory Somali word for bantu speaking Africans which means 'slave', and slavery and genocide are a part of the Bantu Somali plight, like Rwanda's 1994 Hutu/Tutsi genocide or Nigeria's 1967-1970 Biafran civil war, the hateful individuals responsible need to be castrated, tortured and murdered, but as for the different groups or 'tribes' , they're both Africans. Since Habesha and Somali people are indiginous Africans, you can't talk about African unity or the Black African family, whether they deny being Black Africans or not, and not include them. Just like many American and Caribbean Black people as well as Black Latino's deny being of African descent or the same race as Africans, you can't talk about pan-African unity without including all people of African descent.

Theorious

A little known fact is...

Most Ethiopians and Somalis are a mixture of the ancient Hebrews who migrated down into East Africa over 2000 years ago and the indeginous black Africans who were already in the region.

That's why Ethiopians speek a form of ancient Hebrew known as Geez and it's also the reason why the Ark of the Covenant is located down there.

Somalis and Sudanese also have a lot of Arab ancestry.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back