Black Sports : Missouri situation shows power of sports to bring enormous change

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Black Unity,

Missouri situation shows power of sports to bring enormous change

... When the Missouri Tigers announced over the weekend that they would not practice, would not lift weights, would not watch film and will not play a game until Wolfe resigned, this exploded into a hot-button national story. National news organizations flocked to campus and set up shop, with live shots against a backdrop of a protestor tent city next to the school’s iconic columns. Not ideal optics for the school president to contend with.

And by mid-morning Monday in central Missouri, Wolfe was done contending. He was instead tendering his resignation.

No way that happens this fast without the leverage the football team provided. They were big men on campus, indeed. College athletes should feel empowered by what happened at Missouri – although with great power also comes great responsibility to use it wisely and appropriately ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/univ...fe-announces-resignation-photo-173912481.html

68ddf9bb62fd4132870f6a7067001e9d.jpg

University of Missouri system President Tim Wolfe announces his resignation from office, Monday, Nov. 9, 2015

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Mizzou And Yale Show Why It’s Time To Burn Universities To The Ground

... The universities have done this to themselves. They created the whole phenomenon of modern identity politics and Politically Correct rules to limit speech. They have fostered a totalitarian microculture in which conformity to those rules is considered natural and expected. Now that system is starting to eat them alive, from elite universities like Yale, all the way down to, er, less-than-elite ones like Mizzou.

They created this Frankenstein monster, and it’s up to them to kill it before it kills them ...

http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/09...-time-to-burn-the-universities-to-the-ground/

Safe-Space-Snowflakes-998x749.jpg

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

University of Missouri professor calls for 'muscle' against reporter as tensions with media rise

Video of a tense exchange between reporters and protestors on Monday at the University Missouri has caught widespread attention after a communications professor called for "muscle" to remove a cameraman.

The scene happened on the university's campus at a demonstration by Concerned Student 1950, a student group that has been calling attention to racial issues at the university and demanding the resignation of university administrators.

Tim Wolfe, president of the University of Missouri system, and Chancellor R. Bowen Loftin have agreed to step down ...

Click to see video:
http://mashable.com/2015/11/10/missouri-professor-media-protest/#HHsDKomg.8qi

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Missouri Hunger Strike Student Jonathan Butler Speaks Out

... Butler, who ended his strike today, asked students and the media to not focus on his hunger strike, but instead on the issues that made students feel this action was necessary.

Butler is a member of the ConcernedStudent1950 protest organization, which says it has represented every black student at the university since 1950, when the first black student was admitted. The group released a list of demands Oct. 20 that included Wolfe's removal, as a part of a protest over the way the university handles racial harassment. Butler's hunger strike was in support of that protest ...

https://gma.yahoo.com/missouri-hung...er-speaks-090900874--abc-news-topstories.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

University of Missouri president resigns amid more student athlete activism

... “If there is one large takeaway from all that has gone on at Mizzou in the past few days, it’s that student-athletes, and football players in particular, are no longer just names and numbers,” the online sports website Bleacher Report wrote Monday. “They are a powerful group that is just scratching the surface on their potential for societal change inside and outside their university communities. More to the point, players are now combining that power with an unfiltered medium in social media” ...

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Educat...nt-resigns-amid-more-student-athlete-activism

946832_1_1109-AMIZZOU_standard.jpg

Jeff Roberson/AP Photo
View Caption

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People : Missouri political officials react to verdict Black People Open Forum 1
PurpleMoons Black People : NAACP ISSUES TRAVEL WARNING FOR MISSOURI Black People Open Forum 2
Kemetstry Law Forum : NAACP WARNS MINORITIES AND WOMEN ABOUT MISSOURI Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Missouri Postal Workers Win $1 Million Lotto Prize Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : Black students interrupt Univ. of Kansas Town Hall in wake of Missouri protest Black Education / Schools 28
Liberty Black Education / Schools : University of Missouri students report threats of violence; police quell rumors Black Education / Schools 0
chuck Black Sports : Please do support the black university of Missouri black sport team protesters too Black Sports 68
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Walgreen deceives shoppers with stale tags, deserves fines: Missouri AG Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR The Police : Armed w/ Military-Grade Weapons, Missouri Police Crack Down on Protests over Michael Brown Shooting Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Homeless couple sues Missouri town for asking them to leave Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
noor100 Black Muslims : Missouri Anti Sharia Law Bill: The Bigoted Facts Islam Study Group 8
triniti424 Black Travel : Hey family, Anyone here from or frequent Kansas City, Missouri?? Black Travel 6
I Pan Africanism : AFRICAN CENTERED SCHOOL IN MISSOURI. African American History Culture 3
legit-writer Black Poetry : Missouri Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
skuderjaymes Black People : 50 Yrs Ago American Police Debated George Floyd Situation On National TV Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : confused mean mixed up use knowledge to fix a corrupt situation so Twix me a cup of coffee and some toast bread I really hate to boast about what I sa Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Black People : Do You Have Any Suggestions for Detroit's Water Situation Besides Begging the Government? Black People Open Forum 70
Alarm Clock Black People : Alicia Stanley, and Brandy Green, hidden names from the Trayvon situation Black People Open Forum 1
legit-writer Black People : A similiar Trayvon Martin situation Black People Open Forum 3
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Res, 700 Mile Situation Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Guinea : What is the real deal about the situation in Guinea? Guinea 1
Ankhur Black People : What is the real situation with Cong. Maxine Waters? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : After the slaughter of innocents, what's the situation in Detroit and howcan we help? Black People Open Forum 5
asimplepoet Black Poetry : from situation to inspiration Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Ankhur Haiti : 1/17/10 Dr Leonard Jeffries , on like it Is/ Haiti situation Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 1
Ankhur Haiti : Randal Robertson; Speaks on Haiti Situation Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 2
Destee My Position on the $$RICH$$ Situation Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 22
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Obama Is A No Win Situation For Black People Chief Elder Osiris 0
HODEE Black Poetry : When you find your in a situation Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Divine Truth About The Black Situation In America United States, Thus The World Chief Elder Osiris 0
A Black Poetry : Dont you even dare to misabuse this situation Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
I Peculiarrr situation lol Black Children 0
M Black Poetry : I’m seeing sick, being with a chick is a fine situation Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
M Black People : How do I get out of sticky situation? Black People Open Forum 8
T Black Poetry : A comfortable Situation Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
1poetsought Black Poetry : Situation Comedy Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Destee Black People : R. Kelly Situation - Where do you stand? Black People Open Forum 28
U Black Poetry : Slum Village (My interpretation of the situation) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
blakverb Black Poetry : To Mommy, To Daddy (too many children are in this situation) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
A Black People : Understanding the Palestinian Situation... Black People Open Forum 18
Discerning Black People Politics : Trump shows his face as Biden completes a trouncing Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Video Shows White California Cop Pinning, Punching 14-Year-Old Black Kid Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Phones and Apps : A 2-Year Study of More Than 5,000 People Shows This 1 Activity Destroys Your Emotional and Physical Health Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : MICROSOFT'S EBOOK APOCALYPSE SHOWS THE DARK SIDE OF DRM Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Diet soda may dramatically increase your risk of heart attack and stroke, study shows Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Google CEO Had To Explain To Congress Why Googling 'Idiot' Shows Donald Trump Science and Technology 1
IFE Black People : #MeToo Shows That Women Must Learn Sexual Self-defence Black People Open Forum 8
HODEE Black People : 34 criminal cases tossed after body cam footage shows cop planting drugs Black People Open Forum 4
chuck Black Entertainment : What are your thoughts about today's black tv shows? Black Entertainment 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : National Urban League's 'State of Black America' shows educational, economic improvements Black Education / Schools 3