Black People : Mississippi Church Refuses to Marry Black Couple

The issue isn't with the pastor. The pastor doesn't own the church. That article clearly states that the church has a 100+ year history. So the pastor is just an employee of the church. And he did marry them at another venue.

This foolishness just shows and proves that racism isn't cured, it just went underground. And these Black folks are old enough to know better than to trust white folks.

My question is why these Black people chose to worship at a white church in the 1st place? If they church board refused to marry them, I'm certain the church board has refused their participation in other activities.

The issue isn't with the pastor. The pastor doesn't own the church. That article clearly states that the church has a 100+ year history. So the pastor is just an employee of the church. And he did marry them at another venue.

This foolishness just shows and proves that racism isn't cured, it just went underground. And these Black folks are old enough to know better than to trust white folks.

My question is why these Black people chose to worship at a white church in the 1st place? If they church board refused to marry them, I'm certain the church board has refused their participation in other activities.
Like I said; Personally Speaking, I never knew that black and white people went to church together down south or up North!!....For Real!! This is blowing my mind somewhat!! I really really really can't believe this ish !! Just the idea that we are trying to reach our people in one ear while they are willingly going to the white man to have him whisper in the other ear is really unsettling to me. I thought those days were consciously over.

Aint NO WAY I would still have allowed this pastor to perform my wedding!

HE and this church were especially LOW-DOWN to tell this couple ONE DAY before their wedding! ---They already knew this couple was Black and they already knew they had planned their wedding there.

AND, I would NEVA' set foot in THAT church again!

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Wish the media had assess to this:

The church is now holding internal meetings to figure out how it should respond to future requests by black couples to be married there, Weatherford told WLBT-TV.

Peace In,

Personally Speaking, I never knew that black and white people went to church together down south or up North!!....For Real!! This is blowing my mind somewhat!!

... Yep, been going on awhile now... We can no longer say as King did, the most segregated day in America continues to be Sunday.

Peace In,

... Very good points Bootzey, very good points... welcome back and thanks for posting my sister friend.

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back