Black People : Mississippi Church Refuses to Marry Black Couple

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... It's a good thing God is black...Whew!

Mississippi Church Refuses to Marry Black Couple

[​IMG]
    Mississppi Church Refuses to Marry Black Couple (ABC News)

They had booked their wedding far in advance. The invitations had been sent, the programs printed. But one day before Charles and Te'Andrea Wilson were to be married at the Mississippi church they frequented, they said a pastor told them they would have to find another venue -- because they were black.
    There has never been a black wedding at the First Baptist Church in Crystal Springs, Miss., since its founding in 1883. According to Pastor Stan Weatherford, some church members objected so strongly to breaking that precedent, they threatened to oust him from his pastorship.
    http://news.yahoo.com/mississppi-ch...ck-couple-205218322--abc-news-topstories.html

Peace In,

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Personally Speaking, I never knew that black and white people went to church together down south or up North!!....For Real!! This is blowing my mind somewhat!!

They had booked their wedding far in advance. The invitations had been sent, the programs printed. But one day before Charles and Te'Andrea Wilson were to be married at the Mississippi church they frequented, they said a pastor told them they would have to find another venue -- because they were black.
    There has never been a black wedding at the First Baptist Church in Crystal Springs, Miss., since its founding in 1883. According to Pastor Stan Weatherford, some church members objected so strongly to breaking that precedent, they threatened to oust him from his pastorship.
    Rather than risk his job, Weatherford, who is white, said he decided to marry the pair at a black church down the road.
    "My 9-year-old was going to the church with us. How would you say to your 9-year-old daughter, 'We cannot get married here because, guess what sweetie, we're black,'" Charles Wilson told ABC's affiliate WAPT-TV.
    Outrage over the wedding's forced relocation swept the Jackson suburb of about 5,000 into a media firestorm.
    The vast majority of Crystal Springs residents, blacks and whites alike, were "blown away" by the church's decision, said Theresa Norwood, 48, who was born in Crystal Springs and has lived there her entire life.
    Norwood said she believes Weatherford should have married the Wilsons regardless of the risk to his job.
    "That church was their home," she said. "What would Jesus have done? He would have married them, without a doubt, beca

http://news.yahoo.com/mississppi-ch...ck-couple-205218322--abc-news-topstories.html

3. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Nothing surprising here.
    As I've said before, laws have changed but attitudes have not. I also know that when I travel to the South, to expect more of the same. And to be totally honest, I'm more surprised that people actually think that things have changed that much.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Me either, just thought I'd share with the Family... Thanks for posting.

Peace In,

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Aint NO WAY I would still have allowed this pastor to perform my wedding!

HE and this church were especially LOW-DOWN to tell this couple ONE DAY before their wedding! ---They already knew this couple was Black and they already knew they had planned their wedding there.

AND, I would NEVA' set foot in THAT church again!

1 John 3:
    [18] My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

1 John 4:
    [15] Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
    [16] And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
    [18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love
    [20] If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
    [21] And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

6. Seksen

Seksen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Retired....finally
    Ratings:
    +135
    This racist white society revolves around RACE AND RACE ONLY Everything else is camoflage to fool the blind. YAH, JESUS, ALLAH,RA AND THE REST OF THE BOYS AND GODESSES HAD BETTER RECOGNIZE. The top world racist eugenacist plan to eradicate all others who are not elitest like them selves.(they will keep a few million slave for the dirty work) Most whites who are ignorant do not realize it but they are on the same chopping block with the rest of us. The Fhit Is About To Sit The Hand. The uncouscious will still be asking the question...Why, we is trying to just love you? See I even has blond hair like yall. Peace

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127

This being a litigious society, I wonder if they can file suit against the church. Because you cant tell me they didnt suffer a loss

8. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127

Black and white worshipping together has been going on since the 70s that I'm aware of

9. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    We may live in a "litigious society," but Christians are not to live as the world lives. ---Now, of course, THIS CHURCH can't be "disciplined" according to the Bible because it is CORRUPT from its leader and throughout the congregation.

Matthew 18:
    [15] Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
    [16] But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
    [17] And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Cor. 6:
    [1] Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

10. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127

Uh huh. Nothing like taking a big chunk of cash to str8en the heathen out