Black Spirituality Religion : Missing Yahweh

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
I've been told that the word Elohim is used in Genesis 1 and Yahweh is used in the second chapter. Yet when I look at the chapters in the interlinear bible (at Crosswalk.com) using Strongs numbeers Elohim is used in both cases. I know that the definitions in the interlinear bible are heavily influenced by the doctrinal persuasion of those who put it together. But this involves an actual word not it's definition. so where in the bible do I find the word Yahweh?

Many words were used in Genesis to describe the Supreme God....like Al-Adoni and Al-Shaddi.

Yaweh didn't come into full use until the book of Exodus when Musa met Allah on Mt.Sinai.

The term Yaweh wasn't a name but PART of a name.

Yaweh simply means "i am".....but "i am" what?

The title was actually Yaweh Elah "I Am Elah", but it was purposely mistranslated.

Hey Partnah Dual

Dual Karnayn said:
Many words were used in Genesis to describe the Supreme God....like Al-Adoni and Al-Shaddi.

Yaweh didn't come into full use until the book of Exodus when Musa met Allah on Mt.Sinai.

The term Yaweh wasn't a name but PART of a name.

Yaweh simply means "i am".....but "i am" what?

The title was actually Yaweh Elah "I Am Elah", but it was purposely mistranslated.
And what was the purpose for which it was mistranslatated? This question is not meant to be a challenge. Just for the sake of furthering this discussion.

River

Hey Partnah Dual

Hello love....

And what was the purpose for which it was mistranslatated? This question is not meant to be a challenge. Just for the sake of furthering this discussion.

They purposely mistranslated the original words because they sounded too much like Arabic....and would eventually lead the reader to Islam.

Really.

The 99 attributes (titles) of Allah are similar to the titles used in the Hebrew/Aramaic version of the Old Testament.

Many of the practices such as praying towards Jerusalem, eating bloodless meat, praying several times a day...

Even how the Israelites and Jesus greeted people: Salome Alaikim

Elohim is plural of the deities called "Elah".

In Arabic the deities are called "Ilah" or Ilahim".

The Elohim (council of deities) in the Bible would lead one to the Exhalted Assembly of the Koran.

The similarities would be so striking that they would eventually lead most Christians and other Bible believers to Islam.

River

Hello love....

They purposely mistranslated the original words because they sounded too much like Arabic....and would eventually lead the reader to Islam.

Really.

The 99 attributes (titles) of Allah are similar to the titles used in the Hebrew/Aramaic version of the Old Testament.

Many of the practices such as praying towards Jerusalem, eating bloodless meat, praying several times a day...

Even how the Israelites and Jesus greeted people: Salome Alaikim

Elohim is plural of the deities called "Elah".

In Arabic the deities are called "Ilah" or Ilahim".

The Elohim (council of deities) in the Bible would lead one to the Exhalted Assembly of the Koran.

The similarities would be so striking that they would eventually lead most Christians and other Bible believers to Islam.

Lead most Christians to Islam? Whoa, I don't think.

I think the mis-translation of much within the Scriptures has to do more with them not wanting us to know the Most High's actual Name; they rather keep us in the dark, that we'd not call upon the Name of our Father, who has been with us from of old.

Since He does have a Name, a certain and specific Name, having everyone believe titles are His Name would mean less call upon our KING, and more live their life in folly. But if one knows there's much work to be put into faith, if not by their hands, but in the spirit, they'd know not to just settle on everything they receive at face value, but research what they must.

The Son put in great works for us all, in His fulfilling the law, His sacrifice for our own iniquity in His body, His being in the belly of the earth 3 days and 3 nights, and being resurrected from the dead the 3rd day, proving to His followers, He had come to redeem us by faith. Believe that. And know, we can do the same for our King if only we believe. ;)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back