Black Spirituality Religion : Missing Biblical books

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Knowledge Seed, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    There are several books missing from the Bible. Some say there are as many as 700. I really don't know how many there are. But I do know, Protestants have 66 books while Catholics have 73. I would like to find as many of those lost books as possible, so that I can read them and see what was the cause of its exclusion from today's KJV bible.

Here are the links to books I've found:

Book of Jasher
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/2326974/The-Book-of-Jasher

Book of Enoch
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/3431496/The-Book-of-Enoch

If you have links to more of these books, please post them.

2. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    They are all over the place. "The lost books of Eden" . "The Apocrypha". A lot of them are free online.

Oh yeah, I believe the Jehovah Witness Bible had different books too.

3. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Biblical canon

The bible Books canon and non-canonical
    A Biblical canon or canon of scripture is a list or set of Biblical books considered to be authoritative as scripture by a particular religious community, generally in Judaism or Christianity. The term itself was first used by Christians, but the idea is found in Hellenistic Jewish sources. The internal wording of the text can also be specified, for example: the Masoretic Text is the canonical text for Judaism, and the King James Version is the canonical text for the King-James-Only Movement, but this is not the general meaning of canon.

These lists, or canons, have been developed through debate and agreement by the religious authorities of those faiths. Believers consider these canonical books to be inspired by God or to express the authoritative history of the relationship between God and his people. Books excluded from a particular canon are considered non-canonical — however, many disputed books considered non-canonical or even apocryphal by some are considered Biblical apocrypha or Deuterocanonical or fully canonical, by others.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon

Apocrypha
    Apocrypha (from the Greek word ἀπόκρυφα, meaning "those having been hidden away" are texts of uncertain authenticity, or writings where the authorship is questioned.

When used in the specific context of Judeo-Christian theology, the term apocrypha refers to any collection of scriptural texts that falls outside the canon. Given that different denominations have different ideas about what constitutes canonical scripture, there are several different versions of the apocrypha. During sixteenth-century controversies over the biblical canon the word "apocrypha" acquired a negative connotation, and it has become a synonym for "spurious" or "false". This usage usually involves fictitious or legendary accounts that are plausible enough to commonly be considered as truth. For example, Laozi's alleged authorship of the Tao Te Ching, Napolean Bonaparte's self-coronation rather than at the hands of Pope Pius VII, and the Parson Weems account of George Washington and the cherry tree, are all considered apocryphal.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocryphal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

MysteryDoors,
    :teach: :teach: :teach:

5. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    recently I purchased the Apocrypha.........I haven't really read much into it, but it just further goes to show, why you have to be careful when reading "mans" works...So many religious texts have been lost, translated, diluted, fabricated, hidden, etc. to the point where it's virtually impossible to blindly follow them.............

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

That's what Elders are for!

7. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    I can save you a lot of time because I had also been on the same quest until I realized that most of those books do not have the Specific Word of the Supreme Being in them. Out of all of it you have to realize that the Specific Word of the Supreme Being is the most important information from any book you find.

I suspect this is what determined the books of the Old Testament. They were looking for books that contained the Specific Word of GOD.

What do I mean when I say Specific Word of the Supreme Being?

Information that is presented as “thus saith the LORD”, “the LORD said unto me”, any ancient text that is presented as the Supreme Being Speaking the words. Then from there you have to study that Supreme Being to make sure IT is indeed the Supreme Being.

I use to believe Ra was the Supreme Being until I read where Ra in his own words exclaimed that he was only a Son of the Supreme Being. So you have to be careful in distinguishing what is the Supreme Being and what is not.

I suspect the people that put together the books of the Old Testament were also looking for the same thing because when I read books that were left out like the Apocrypha I find the Specific Words of the Supreme Being absent.

Peace and Power in Reading.

8. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    I'm not concerned with whether the books contain the "Specific Word of God". I just want to see what information is contained within them.

9. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    Well, I will tell you right now my friend; you will be reading for the rest of your life and would have yet reached a better understanding or point of view and you will not complete the task because the books are endless. Another person tried the same thing and realized this ……….

Eccl :12:
    12: And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
    13: Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

After I read several of those books and thumbed through them I also began to recognize the last few words ” Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.”. The sad thing about my reading all of that is I have forgotten most of the information. If you don’t read it over and over and over or practice it through explaining it on Destee or some type of interactive median you will forget it.

I read The Lost Books of Eden about 8 years ago and have highlights and everything but when I look over the book I can’t even remember why I highlighted certain parts. LOL

Good luck in you journeys.

Peace and Power in Reading.

10. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    That’s why I narrow everything down to the Specific Word of GOD only.