Black People : Miss Jones' rantings plain wrong

Isaiah said:
That this knucklehead was not fired after the tsunami incident is an outrage to begin with... Now she has made the management of that radio station look totally stupid with her ridiculously hateful comments... How dare this DUMMY talk about transit workers being "uneducated", when many in the T.A. have advanced degrees in engineering and other high-tech sciences!!! What a first-class idiot she is!

I hope she never gets a radio job again in her life... She should have to work down below the bowels of this city with rats running across her fat toes, then she'd have a better understanding of why her own brothers and sisters elected this champion of labor to head their union local... Roger Touissant is a great leader, and conducted himself with a class, dignity, and eloquence this idiot will never know if she lives a thousand lifetimes... Thank God she aint got but one!

Peace!
Isaiah

well said Brotha Isaiah...

You see, I am not suprised at all. Where was the outrage when a movie like Hotel Rwanda made such outrageous comments like "They are not ni99&!, they are africans and thats even worse". Some ignorant script writer wanted to make himself feel good for being called ni99&! by white people. Or at least superior to Africans.

I understand the term "African" whether borne by a continental African or by a Diasporan African (black american, carribean) signifies someone in contact with his culture and roots. Since when did that become worse than the term ni99&! which signifies the victim of atrocities which resulted in a cultureless black person?

It goes to show that whether continental africans, or diasporan africans, the moment we have a pass to achieve alot in a white society, we begin to act superior to other black people. That is the root of the animosity between different groups of black people in America.

Militant

You see, I am not suprised at all. Where was the outrage when a movie like Hotel Rwanda made such outrageous comments like "They are not ni99&!, they are africans and thats even worse". Some ignorant script writer wanted to make himself feel good for being called ni99&! by white people. Or at least superior to Africans.

I understand the term "African" whether borne by a continental African or by a Diasporan African (black american, carribean) signifies someone in contact with his culture and roots. Since when did that become worse than the term ni99&! which signifies the victim of atrocities which resulted in a cultureless black person?
Oh you caught that line too huh?

I thought I was the only one who picked up on the divisive nature of that statement.
They knew a lot of Africans would be watching that movie and would resent that statement and all it implies about thier status in this world.

I don't know who decided to add that line to the script because most whites seem to like Africans better than even thier own home-grown Uncle Toms.
But I can't see a Black man intelligent enough to be a writer saying something that ignorant either.

militant said:

It goes to show that whether continental africans, or diasporan africans, the moment we have a pass to achieve alot in a white society, we begin to act superior to other black people. That is the root of the animosity between different groups of black people in America.

African Americans did NOT write this movie... How do African Americans become implicated in the writting of the movie, becauase of a line spoken in the movie??? Actually, the line was meant ot illustrate the lack of concern for African life, and subliminally, it made its point... That is why you remember it... It really is all about how we take things...

BTW, the roots of tribalism and self-hatred are so far removed in time and history from this movie, one would have to say that the line is more of result of that history than a cause of it...

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back