Black People : Miss Jones' rantings plain wrong

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Dec 23, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/col/story/377042p-320321c.html

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    That this knucklehead was not fired after the tsunami incident is an outrage to begin with... Now she has made the management of that radio station look totally stupid with her ridiculously hateful comments... How dare this DUMMY talk about transit workers being "uneducated", when many in the T.A. have advanced degrees in engineering and other high-tech sciences!!! What a first-class idiot she is!

I hope she never gets a radio job again in her life... She should have to work down below the bowels of this city with rats running across her fat toes, then she'd have a better understanding of why her own brothers and sisters elected this champion of labor to head their union local... Roger Touissant is a great leader, and conducted himself with a class, dignity, and eloquence this idiot will never know if she lives a thousand lifetimes... Thank God she aint got but one!

Peace!
    Isaiah

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Unfortunately this is but one more incident in a string of ignorant and buffoonish behavior from this "sister". I used to cringe whenever I would hear her describe physically abusive and adulterous relationships as "black love".

4. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Geez, what a way to encourage a divide between blacks and Africans in diaspora!

I would normally say make a petition against her... but what's the point? It didn't work the first time with her comments against Africans and Asians in the Tsumani so I wonder if it would do anything now.

But for members who think this could make a difference, that option is out there.

5. teleroda2000

teleroda2000 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Well I for one agreed with her views on the strikers. I found them to be selfish and greedy. They are only bus drivers not surgeons and as far as I am concerned they are overpaid not only for thier profession but the way they carry themselves on the jobs.

6. Jflex!

Jflex! Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5

well said Brotha Isaiah...

7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    it has become an epidemic for blacks in the media to attack other black people. chris rock made it famous with his "i hate n%%%" stand up. now its just the cool thing to do, whites probably just sit back and laugh like wow after all we did they still blame each other...the fools.

8. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    You see, I am not suprised at all. Where was the outrage when a movie like Hotel Rwanda made such outrageous comments like "They are not ni99&!, they are africans and thats even worse". Some ignorant script writer wanted to make himself feel good for being called ni99&! by white people. Or at least superior to Africans.

I understand the term "African" whether borne by a continental African or by a Diasporan African (black american, carribean) signifies someone in contact with his culture and roots. Since when did that become worse than the term ni99&! which signifies the victim of atrocities which resulted in a cultureless black person?

It goes to show that whether continental africans, or diasporan africans, the moment we have a pass to achieve alot in a white society, we begin to act superior to other black people. That is the root of the animosity between different groups of black people in America.

9. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Militant

Oh you caught that line too huh?

I thought I was the only one who picked up on the divisive nature of that statement.
    They knew a lot of Africans would be watching that movie and would resent that statement and all it implies about thier status in this world.

I don't know who decided to add that line to the script because most whites seem to like Africans better than even thier own home-grown Uncle Toms.
    But I can't see a Black man intelligent enough to be a writer saying something that ignorant either.

10. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    African Americans did NOT write this movie... How do African Americans become implicated in the writting of the movie, becauase of a line spoken in the movie??? Actually, the line was meant ot illustrate the lack of concern for African life, and subliminally, it made its point... That is why you remember it... It really is all about how we take things...

BTW, the roots of tribalism and self-hatred are so far removed in time and history from this movie, one would have to say that the line is more of result of that history than a cause of it...

Peace!
    Isaiah