Haiti : Miss Haiti 2010

My apology sister, i just took offense to you deeming me something else than is.

As far as it being a "political" issue, well if they have a population of mixed breeds in haiti, that are put in the spotlight, then YES it is a form of self-hate that has invaded a part of haitian society, only in a lesser fashion, as haiti never really was steeped in the sort of mixing as other parts of the carribean was.

The politics are more of a mask over of the REAL sentiments within a framework of global white supremacy that has poisoned the fabric if afrikans everywhere.

Why is she bleaching, if that is the case?

Why is their a need to have someone "light' or "mixed" be seen as "beauty" standard for an afrikan republic or nation?

Those are questions that need to be answered, and that goes for anywhere, because i'm sure you'll find that it goes deeper than just "politics".

Haiti has a long history of race mixing prior to the Reolution, and it basically propelled this mulatto elite into ascendancy.

"Because many planters had provided for their mixed-race children by African women by giving them education and (for men) training and entrée into the French military, the mulatto descendants became the elite in Haiti after the revolution. By the time of war, many had used their social capital to acquire wealth and some already owned land. Some had identified more with the French colonists than the slaves, and associated within their own circles. Their domination of politics and economics after the revolution created another two-caste society, as most Haitians were rural subsistence farmers. In addition, the still-new nation's future was literally mortgaged to French banks in the 1820s as it was forced to make massive reparations to French slaveholders in order to receive French recognition and end the nation's political and economic isolation."

This was the pattern of French colonialism from St. Dominique, to New Orleans, to "French" West Africa. It was an assimilationist policy and its vestiges exist today in every former French colony and settlement.

OK, here's how it goes. I have appointed myself as the sole judge.

#14 She's the winner.

#13 & #7 are almost in a tie for runner up. But, as judge, I gotta make the tough decisions. So......(drum roll)........#7 takes 2nd place and #13 takes third place.

#2 & #9 are also almost in a tie for 4th and 5th place. This decision is tougher than the one for 2nd and 3rd place. Once again, since I appointed myself judge, I gotta make the tough decisions. Soooooo......(drum roll)........ #9 gets the nod for 4th place and #2 gets the nod for 5th place.

Explanation:
#14 has a slightly better body than #7. She is very well propotioned and she has an exotic looking face with a warm and peaceful smile. She also have small classy earrings. (This judge don't like women in big earings)

#7 doesn't look as good in the face as #13 but she does have a slightly better body. (Body goes a long way with this judge.) She has slightly more meat on her bones than #13 and her chest is slightly larger. (Chest goes a long way with this judge.)

#13 is very good looking and has a very classy look about herself. Obviously, this judge is not feeling the big earrings, but those are not permanent. This judge is not really into the skin tight hair which says a lot for her other attributes that she would rank so highly...she's a very good looking woman.

#9 is nice looking, she does help herself with smaller earrings...but.....she don't quite have enough meat on her bones and she could use a little more chest.

#2 is actually very good looking but she seems to have the least amount of meat on her bones. Some judges might like that, but this particular judge isn't into "Too slim" Since I appointed myself judge, this puts #2 in a disadvantage. Then she got those big earrings.

If you haven't figured out by now, I have WAY TOO MUCH TIME on my hands today! :em2300: That's my judgement.

Ok so its the same thing as in brazil then.

I never thought Haiti had got to that point, i knew of the DR and other places, but never envisioned the mixed race populace in haiti being large enough to do any damage like it has done in brazil.

I've always seen the dark skinned full blooded afrikans being represented by haiti......:thinking:

Read this thread. Some are known by the term "grimel".

http://boards.mulatto.org/post?id=733943

She is part of the Haitian elite so this is more of political issue than anything..plus i think her skin was bleached for the competition..

Politics and race have always gone hand in hand so I don't think you can just brush it off as politics and ignore the obvious. As far as the skin bleaching, I don't really believe that's the case. If she is a Dominican, then that could very easily be her real skin color.

The difference between her and Vanessa Williams is that at least you can look at Vanessa and tell she is mulatto. But this girl doesn't even look mulatto. She looks straight up Latina. Most mulattoes have at least a slight texture to their hair as a result of having a black parent. Her hair however, is bone straight.

Also, Vanessa Williams was born and raised in America. Her "Americanism" was never in question. Regardless of skin color, the real issue is that if this girl wasn't born and raised in Haiti, then she shouldn't have won.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back