Haiti : Miss Haiti 2010

Chinelo

Third Eye Is Always Open
Oct 19, 2009
UNIVERSE
Occupation
Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
Haiti has a long history of race mixing prior to the Reolution, and it basically propelled this mulatto elite into ascendancy.

"Because many planters had provided for their mixed-race children by African women by giving them education and (for men) training and entrée into the French military, the mulatto descendants became the elite in Haiti after the revolution. By the time of war, many had used their social capital to acquire wealth and some already owned land. Some had identified more with the French colonists than the slaves, and associated within their own circles. Their domination of politics and economics after the revolution created another two-caste society, as most Haitians were rural subsistence farmers. In addition, the still-new nation's future was literally mortgaged to French banks in the 1820s as it was forced to make massive reparations to French slaveholders in order to receive French recognition and end the nation's political and economic isolation."

This was the pattern of French colonialism from St. Dominique, to New Orleans, to "French" West Africa. It was an assimilationist policy and its vestiges exist today in every former French colony and settlement.
Ok so its the same thing as in brazil then.

I never thought Haiti had got to that point, i knew of the DR and other places, but never envisioned the mixed race populace in haiti being large enough to do any damage like it has done in brazil.

I've always seen the dark skinned full blooded afrikans being represented by haiti......:thinking:

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Ok so its the same thing as in brazil then.

I never thought Haiti had got to that point, i knew of the DR and other places, but never envisioned the mixed race populace in haiti being large enough to do any damage like it has done in brazil.

I've always seen the dark skinned full blooded afrikans being represented by haiti......:thinking:
Read this thread. Some are known by the term "grimel".

http://boards.mulatto.org/post?id=733943

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

CreativeGrl

Dec 13, 2009
She is part of the Haitian elite so this is more of political issue than anything..plus i think her skin was bleached for the competition..
Politics and race have always gone hand in hand so I don't think you can just brush it off as politics and ignore the obvious. As far as the skin bleaching, I don't really believe that's the case. If she is a Dominican, then that could very easily be her real skin color.

The difference between her and Vanessa Williams is that at least you can look at Vanessa and tell she is mulatto. But this girl doesn't even look mulatto. She looks straight up Latina. Most mulattoes have at least a slight texture to their hair as a result of having a black parent. Her hair however, is bone straight.

Also, Vanessa Williams was born and raised in America. Her "Americanism" was never in question. Regardless of skin color, the real issue is that if this girl wasn't born and raised in Haiti, then she shouldn't have won.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Politics and race have always gone hand in hand so I don't think you can just brush it off as politics and ignore the obvious. As far as the skin bleaching, I don't really believe that's the case. If she is a Dominican, then that could very easily be her real skin color.

The difference between her and Vanessa Williams is that at least you can look at Vanessa and tell she is mulatto. But this girl doesn't even look mulatto. She looks straight up Latina. Most mulattoes have at least a slight texture to their hair as a result of having a black parent. Her hair however, is bone straight.

Also, Vanessa Williams was born and raised in America. Her "Americanism" was never in question. Regardless of skin color, the real issue is that if this girl wasn't born and raised in Haiti, then she shouldn't have won.
Sarodj Bertin was born in Hati. Even though her mother is lauded a a human rights activist here is part of her "fame".

"Durocher Bertin also held a high level position with FRAPH, a right-wing, paramilitary death squad organization responsible for the killings, rapes and torture of thousands of Haitians. She was one of three directors. Her colleagues were Louis-Jodel Chamblain and Emmanuel "Toto" Constant. In 1994 Chamblain, also a reported death squad leader under the tyrannical regime of Jean Claude "Baby" Doc Duvalier, was convicted in absentia in Haiti for the Raboteau Massacre and for the assassination of pro-democracy advocate Antoine Izmery who was dragged from church during mass and executed. Emmanuel "Toto" Constant, the FRAPH leader, has been convicted in NY for mortgage fraud and is currently in prison. During the trial the judge took into consideration testimony from female Haitian rape and torture victims. Constant was sentenced to 12 to 37 years in prison. On July 30, 2008, Judge Stein denied a appeal from Constant's lawyer, writing that, “Constant presents no evidence of his bald self-serving assertions that FRAPH did not have anything to do with the government of Haiti…” and that “there is no conceivable doubt that the defendant was the leader of FRAPH, a violent and brutal paramilitary organization...”

Blaklioness

Oct 30, 2005
Maybe we can try a multi-variable experiment: for a control period, we ignore them; for an experimental period, we engage them. Then let's compare how long they stay and/or "share" during both time frames.

:fyi:..while cats be fussin and cussin, white folk have quietly moved on in and set up a space at destee

Full Speed

Sep 7, 2009
Since we are duplicating post now....

The doll test represents a problem that has no practical solution beyond parents who instill self-esteem in their children and a community that can get over judgemental attitudes towards the choices of others.

It's simular to the *****, Ni**er controversy. I don't like anybody saying either word but is there a practical solution?

We can consume our lives being wrapped up around things that we have no control over or we can seek excellence in our own lives independent of shallow things such as our tone or the tone of folks we are attracted to. We can create as many ISSUES in life that we want to make, but it only means we have unresolved issues that will serve no practical purpose in life. We really need to watch what we get hung up on.

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
The doll test represents a problem that has no practical solution beyond parents who instill self-esteem in their children and a community that can get over judgemental attitudes towards the choices of others.

It's simular to the *****, Ni**er controversy. I don't like anybody saying either word but is there a practical solution?

We can consume our lives being wrapped up around things that we have no control over or we can seek excellence in our own lives independent of shallow things such as our tone or the tone of folks we are attracted to. We can create as many ISSUES in life that we want to make, but it only means we have unresolved issues that will serve no practical purpose in life. We really need to watch what we get hung up on.
:SuN049::SuN049: i love it..

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly