Minors with cell phones

Do children need a cell phone?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
These kids are growin up in a society of indulgence. My theory has always been that if you "want" something you should work and sacrifice whatever it took to get it. This is not the concept in todays society. Everyone is looking for the quick buck, or the greates benefit for the least amount of time and effort. The question is, what message are you sending to the youth if you allow a child that has no concept of responsibility get all of the things that he "wants." I emphasise "want" because I dont want anyone to get it confused with the baisc "needs" that children and young adults must have to live.

I believe that as a parent, it is our job to make sure that our children understand the value of a dollar. How can they do this when they dont have a job, yet they have on shoes that are more expensive than there parents that actually work every day?

A child has very little if any need for a cell phone. Most of their environment is going to be at home or in school, neither of which has a need for that. The exception might be if they go out with friends... I would lend my kid a cell phone so he could contact me in case of emergency.

Teens don't need them either, unless they go out a lot. And it would still be for the same reason, being able to keep in touch with them in case of emergency.

Once my son gets of age, if he wants a cel phone or any of the latest gadgets, he's going to get them tyhe ole-fashioned way. If he doesnt have a job, I'll make him work for me in order to get it. This way I know that he'll take care of it and he wont take it for granted. The value of a dollar concept seems to be a thing of the past nowadays.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back