Black People : MINORITIES DISCRIMINATING

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by QUEEN ABENA, Sep 30, 2005.

1. QUEEN ABENA

QUEEN ABENA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Habari Ghani Family, (grouphug)

I have a situation that I am absolutely disgusted with as I write. In a society where we have to be concerned about other races committing acts of racism do we have room for other "minorities" to hate on us?" Today my KING and I decided on a reputable Japanese/Chinese restaurant to have lunch. In Manhattan if you don’t want "fast food" then you go with the "Asian" food. Anyway we were seated and placed our order. 15 minutes later the waiter comes with 2 spring rolls (twice fried if you ask me). We didn’t complain though we just asked that they be returned.

No problem. Then comes the main dish, what was supposed to be Shrimp/w vegetables was more like smelly garbage. So in being decent we asked waiter #1 kindly, "can we change the order because it was not to our liking". So waiter #1 decided to call the manager over (which took 20 minutes). We still sat and waited just to see how the Manager would try and accommodate us. As my KING cordially explained why we were dissatisfied with the food, the Manager, yes the Manager starts behaving idiotic. He starts waving his hands and saying, "You people complain too much". We were OUTRAGED!!!

Even being so, we kept our composure with this "Manager". He was highly upset and went on to say " Everybody else don’t complain about the food, you are the only ones", He even noted on how we didn’t even "touch" our spring rolls. WHAT!!! Are we supposed to eat it even if we aren’t happy with it? By now we are totally disgusted with his attitude so we prepare ourselves to leave. Now I was never one for not paying for something that I ordered, but I never touched the food (it was still smoking). We are walking and the Manager comes behind us talking bout he calling the cops. Ok, so we wait and we go outside and the officer listens but there is nothing he can do for the manager. The manager goes on to say how " you don’t wanna pay, you don’t have money". WE kindly tell him to have a nice day and go find some other SUCKAS to rob cuz WE AINT HAVIN IT!!!! I am still so upset about this situation, but it is a reality check. From this day forward I am going to continue and Exclusively support my own establishments. What do you think?

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I totally, 100% agree with you. I will say this though, not every asian resteraunt will treat you in that manner. I agree that we need to support our establishments, but all asian resteraunts and other types of resteraunts will not behave in that way. I think that guy had something against black people before you guys even walked through the door. But your decision is a correct on IMO.

3. QUEEN ABENA

QUEEN ABENA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for "enlightening" me. I am just happy that we chose to walk out of there in a "civil" manner. Because the fact that he called the police on us was enough to "act out" He was more concerned about making a "quick buck" than accomodating our needs. ASHAME & a 1/2

4. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34

Yeah, and I bet the other situations where he had a falling out with black people was because of his lack of willingness to accomodate cutstomers. I always say, if you're having problems with a bunch you might want to look in the mirror because you might just be the problem. I think he's probably the problem, not "you people" as he put it.

5. Ledda

Ledda Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    It's always been a mystery to me why other minorities would discriminate against our people. I've heard Native Americans say the word "n****r" as if we came here and took their land and murdered their ancestors. The same with Hispanics, they once owned a great part of what is now the U.S. We aren't the ones who have invented racist names like "chink", "gooch", "spic" ect. Then you have those who've descended from the middle east. Many of these people and the Latinos are darker than I am. There was an Asian man on trial a couple weeks ago for killing four white men and wounding two others. He says he was hunting and the six white men approached him and he feared for his life because they were using racial slurs. The media portrayed him as a violent individual with a shady past. They even brought up little irrelevant things like he'd said he had five children and actually had seven(?). The two wounded men testified that the six of them only wanted to tell him that he was tresspassing on private property and he needed to leave. All six of them. So I don't have such a hard time believing that the man feared for his safety. My point is while hearing this story it made me wonder what the Asian community thought of this man's seemingly unfair persecution by the white media and the justice system. Racist whites are just as much against them as they are against us.

6. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    I agree. I think other races of people feel the are better than us because they are "more white" than we are. And I say thank god they are. The last thing I want to be is white.

7. Ledda

Ledda Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4

Maybe so. I certainly see the hispanics in my city with their cultural celebrations and pride, but at the same time they seem to try hard to mix in with whites. As I said before though, a lot of these people are dark, at times darker than most black people. They need to wake up.