Black Spirituality Religion : Minister Challenges Hell - Loses His Congregation

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    "Nobody Goes to Hell': Minister Labeled a Heretic

One Minister Challenges the Idea of Hell and Loses His Congregation

[​IMG]
    Minister Carlton Pearson lost hig mega-congregation after he questioned whether hell really existed.

"If I say everybody's going to heaven, then I can't raise money from you to get me to keep people out of hell," Carlton Pearson said with a wry smile.

Carlton Pearson was born to work a pulpit.

"My dad was preacher, his dad was preacher," he said. "Tongue talkin', pew jumpin', holiness, hellfire and brimstone."

Pearson began casting demons out of people at age 16, and he couldn't wait to go to Oral Roberts University. Once there, his love of the Scriptures and his stage presence was so obvious, the renowned televangelist took him under his wing and took him on the road as one of the World Action Singers.

After years preaching to crowded arenas and television audiences, he built the Higher Dimensions church in Tulsa and soon became an evangelical megastar with a megacongregation -- up to 6,000 people would attend his services each week, and he was in high demand in the Christian world, sharing pulpits with Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.

The more he studied, the more Pearson saw the Bible not as the literal word of God but a book by men about God -- primitive men prone to mistranslations, political agendas and human emotions.

Pearson began sharing this message, and it wasn't long before Christian magazines demonized him. The denomination that made him a bishop officially labeled him a heretic. His assistant pastors quit, and his congregation dropped from 6,000 to fewer than 300.

Pearson stuck with his new message, even after losing his church altogether. He now rents space from the Episcopalians across town. And his congregation is growing. Slowly, people from all faiths are adding to the few who never left, despite being labeled heretics themselves.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

2. Rahim

Rahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +51
    wow this is big....so a big time preacher finally starts on the road to truth and reality...and his people leave him....

no one said the road would be easy....

glad he is sticking to it....

3. Qwamii

Qwamii Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Bitter Sweet.........

I am delighted that yet another one of our people has awakened to the truth.......and undertook the responsibility of spreading it....

Unfortunately and evidently its not what the masses want to hear......:qqb017:

Hotep
    ~Qwamii~

4. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Now this is how one tear down and rob the Devil kingdom. It has to be like Bank robbery (inside/insider) job.

For us beloved Divine Thinkers I do not think we need to go into the churches. The misleaders who peeks behind the Curtains of Truth and reality will clean up the masses messed up mind-set by doing just what he did.

Oh let many more rise up like he did. Let him stay on the Truth and reality track.

What is it to gain the whole world and lose sight of your Soul-Mind.

The masses may not WANT to hear it, but they NEED to hear it because there is life in NEED TO KNOW.

I know that this would come into existence. I knew it.

I meditate that he does not as they say. BACKSLIDE.

:SuN030:

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    It's great there are many who, at the very least, understand there is indeed a literal hell and left off from him.

He became lost, wanting to preach the Father's love as a Heaven for all people, when it's for those who seek His truth to start, those who have faith and are believing in all His truth from the sacrifice of the Holy Son to His resurrection from the dead to His salvation to His coming again to the prophecies told to all of the Father's creation, both seen and unseen.

Likening the Father's Holy prophets to men of this generation, this world who seek to sway people for their own greedy means is a arrogant and evil thing to do. They knew the Father before any of us did, and certainly were more righteous than any of us could be; thankfully we're still all saved by the grace of the Holy Son who has cleansed us, lest it would just be the men of the earlier generation who were so "primitive" being able to see the Father's glory.

6. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    Once again, i'm going to step out on that ledge without thinking 'bout what i want to say.:)

for me, hell is the grave...and we will all go there at our appointed time.

for me, Revelations tells us that satan, and all his followers, will be destroyed--after the thousand year reighn...after he's been set loose for a short period of time. so, who would torment you in a hell of fire and everlasting torment?

for me, God said, the meek shall inherit the earth and reside forever upon it. now, if every one is going to either heaven or someone else's definition of hell, then, wouldn't that make God a liar? unless, heaven is on earth--which is where i believe paradise to be.

for me, after the resurrection, we will all be taught the truth. not one denomination's truth over another denomination, but God's truth. until then, we're all reaching for straws...thinking because we have a snippet of the truth, that we know everything there is to know...and are able to judge others wrong. in reality, we know nothing...not even how to direct our own footsteps--so says the bible.

i'm just saying...

7. I'm Becoming Me

I'm Becoming Me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    Greek mythology=place of everlasting torment.

So God created us to endure a world full of hell only to send us to a place of a hell far worse than what we endure now because we did not get it right (whatever that means) in the 1st hell here on earth?

People really believe this nonsense?

Nah, I don't believe it.

That is so insane that it is absolutely hilarious.

8. I'm Becoming Me

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    Pearson is not the only one who has been awakened in mainstream Christianity. Many of them are, they just can't admit to it yet...

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073

We've had this discussion many times over, and here are some Threads and videos that go into depth, very interesting reading, to say the least:

ru2religious said:
    While the ones above (in the boat) were advancing into the afterlife the others (below) were in what I call to be a symbolic water that represents the amniotic fluid in the woman's stomach so that they may be re-birthed back into the world.

As far as what I think on this subject - I don't believe that their is a hell fire or cruel eternal punishment as many Europeans like to describe it. Again, I think they have not adjusted to our ancient way of thinking and so they still view our teaching as death, destruction, and destroy when in reality if you look at how they created the 3rd eye in the middle of the cranium that was more in line with our ancient thought process. Today that would be called Metaphysics, yesterday that was called 'that old time religion'.

My response:

ru2religious,

At this point, what is clear to me is this, there are consequences of this life and there is activity in the afterlife, and that we become immortal. Everything else is side bar discussion that we can argue in provocative back and forth dialogue. Unless you have more, it has been nice once again, my brutha.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/fall-of-melanated-people.55658/page-10#post-566504

There is no Hell

[​IMG]

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started
    by newnature23, Mar 17, 2013
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/there-is-no-hell.75190/

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/there-is-no-hell.75190/page-4#post-791828

10. I'm Becoming Me

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    We all have different opinions surrounding the topic.

One thing is for sure, I don't live in fear of something far worse in an afterlife than what I've been subjected to now in this life. I don't subscribe to mythology, but to each is his own. Whatever works...