Black Spirituality Religion : Mind Awake Body Asleep

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by smalllady, Apr 8, 2009.

1. smalllady

smalllady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    As far as I can remember I have only had Sleep Paralysis once, maybe twice.

The first time I experienced this was very frightening. I was 14 and I was trying to astral project but I fell asleep in the process.

Upon awakening I couldn't move (paralyzed-like). I was like a corspe but I could hear everything around me. My eyes were very heavy but somehow I could see the floor and I tried to will myself onto the floor hoping that would wake me up. I remember trying to scream 'Momma help!' no word came out plus she was away at the grocery store and I was alone in the house with the lights off in my room.

After awhile I sensed that an entity (spirit maybe) was in the room, not holding me down but just watching as I struggled to get control of my body.
    Soon I was released and I screamed because I ws so scared.

In African culture, isolated sleep paralysis is commonly referred to as "the witch riding your back".

I've read that this occurs more in African-Americans than others.
    Has anyone on here ever had an experience like this?

2. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    HIPHOPOLX

3. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Hotep Sister SmallLady

I've never had the feeling of being paralyzed but screaming and no sound coming out ... I would be scard cause i was lil but i never knew what i was scared of...... i would dismiss it quick... if i had a dream i didn't care for while sleepin i would day dream something else up..

any way.. there's a thread by Br. MetaSaience on Astral Projection I think would interest you..... lots of great info..

I'd dig it up for ya but gotta get goin for a bit... study awaits at this hour..

check it tho .....

4. smalllady

Ratings:
    +7
    Abduction by Aliens or Sleep Paralysis?

http://www.csicop.org/si/9805/abduction.html

5. smalllady

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you.

6. brown_h0rnet

brown_h0rnet Master of All Trades... Jack of None PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Sho nuff

When I was younger, I used to have experiences like this all of the time.

But... I wasn't trying to astral project, I was just sleeping and when I would wake up (or think I was waking up), I couldn't move! But I could look around. I always felt there was something in the room with me also.

What I would do sometimes is go back to sleep,.. and then wake up again (Since it happened so often that I got used to it and it no longer scared me).

But... I always figured that I really wasn't awake, and that it was just a nightmare. Though it didn't feel like one.

7. smalllady

Ratings:
    +7
    I knew it wasn't a dream was because I felt awake and I could see the floor. It was like I was I was fully concious but my body was asleep.

8. brown_h0rnet

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    WOW! Now that is kinda crazy. Cause when I would have these experiences, I would ALWAYS hear a buzzing noise. But, I don't remember seeing strange lights. Everything in the room would seem normal.

Now if these were alien abductions then them aliens was at my house a lil bit TOO much. How many studies yall need to do?... DANG!

Now I am feeling What Miss Lady is saying also. As I got older, I learned how to control my dreams. If I had a nightmare... I would take control and I would start to scare away the things(whatever they may be) that were frightening me! It used to be FUN! Until I got to a point where I no longer remember my dreams. :(

But the sleep Paralysis, I could never beat!

9. brown_h0rnet

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    I was like that for me also, but the reason that I thought it was a dream was because whenever I woke up, The Clock (which I could look at while I was paralyzed) would be 2-4 hours different. Sometimes ahead, sometimes back.

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I've only had one experience (that I recall) happen that was unsettling for me. It happened in '03. I was asleep, lying across my bed, totally nude and uncovered (I think I got hot and threw the covers off).

Well, my tv was up VERY LOUD. The volume went up by itself because it was not like that when I went to bed.

I could hear the tv. It bothered me, but I just couldn't get UP. It was like a paralysis. I just couldn't MOVE and the loud tv was still bothering me but I couldn't even reach for the remote, much less, get up. And I would drift in-and-out of sleep.

Finally, that "paralysis" lifted and I turned the tv off. But, that sensation of not being able to move/get up really did stay on my mind for a while that day.

And, yes, I did wonder if that was that "witch/haint riding" stuff I've heard of OR was I just that tired?