Black Ancestors : Milton Hall - Saginaw, MI - shot 30+ times by police

Discussion in 'Honoring Black Ancestors' started by Destee, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Milton Hall - Saginaw, MI - shot 30+ times by police

Three days before Independence Day, Milton Hall died in a fusillade of police gunfire outside a strip mall. He had been arguing with officers in a parking lot next to a shuttered Chinese restaurant when he was shot, in full view of passing motorists and while he was holding some sort of knife. Saginaw County Prosecutor Michael Thomas said later that the squad of police confronting him opened fire "because apparently, at this point in time, he was threatening to assault police." Thomas' office and the Michigan State Police are investigating Hall's death. Saginaw Police Chief Gerald Cliff said Hall was "known to be an assaultive person" with "a long history" of contacts with law enforcement, "not only with police from our department but with the county.

Rest in peace Milton Hall.

:heart:

Destee

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... This is utterly ridiculous, smh... Trayvon! And now this, Milton Hall!...:bye:

Peace In,

3. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Hello my sista!

This same thing happened about 10 years ago in Seattle where the police killed this brother who want mentally impaired and was holding a knife. Ironically, the same defense was used. What makes it so bad it that he was on the side walk,they were on the other side of parked cars. All he did was point the knife at them and the opened fire. It is still open season on us no matter what century this is.

Peace!

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    I'm surprised this thread is so quiet ... did everyone already know about this ... and i'm late as usual ... :look:

or has there been so many of these ... we don't even get alarmed any more ... iono ... :bye:

Rest in Peace Milton Hall ... :bowdown:

Destee

5. Moon Child

Moon Child Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +279

This brought tears to my eyes! Wow. No reason for this to have even happened.

RIP... M.H. May your mother find peace, forgiveness and understanding for these fools with badges and guns.

*side note* If I were her, I would sue them.

6. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    The fact and the matter is that Black folks every week kill more Black people than cops do and I am not seeing or hearing anything about them here. Negroes in NY are bugged out their minds killing anyone in their paths with no exceptions. Yes what these crackas did are evil, we have a much bigger problem that . The self-hatred in the Black community is really ravaging our community in all aspect of life. As it is written in the Holy bible "f a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.(Mark 3:24)" we have to start to love ourselves first and stand together before we can go talk and fight against what our enemies are doing to us.

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Its not over yet Moon Child, let's hope for the best outcome from those that protested this, locally. Any info I find to update this will be posted here.

Peace In,

8. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

What is there to say? It's witnessing a lynching.. a firing squad. The feeling is mournful... absolute.. despair.. there is nothing to say.. nothing that would do justice.. or return Mr. Hall amongst the living. This is just pain.. powerlessness.. followed by disgust.. with them.. with us.. and shame as our impotence is so openly and publicly displayed. They kill us and we make signs.. and speeches.. and march outside their office buildings and beg for justice from the unjust. What a predicament to be in.. the contradiction versus the promise of America.. and us attempting to embrace the promise around the aimed sharp poisonous spikes of the contradiction.

9. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  10. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    It just blows my mind the reasonings they give for shooting a person 30 times. And what further takes me on a trip out to lala land is some people give justification to those reasons. It seems to me, if a person is holding a knife and i have a gun, (and need to make a fast decision) why not shoot em in the shoulder? And only once.

Its just seems crazy to me that this is acceptable by so many people. Is the worlds comprehension levels declining or what? Or is it just me?