Black People : MILLIONS MORE MOVEMENT ON OCT. 15, 2005

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    How many brothers and sisters of Destee will be attending this entertainment extravaganza of preaching, pimping, politics, and greasing palms??? I hope you all have a wonderful time listening to the same old warmed over speeches, gyrations, and histrionics from Farrakhan, Jackson, Sharpton, and the rest...

How many more of these will be needed before we decide to bring millions together for the purposes of building banks, Schools, buisinesses, and purchasing some real estate other than a mosque or church???? Frankly, I am sick of it all, and will be glad when October 15th is over...

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I forgot what the total number money was spent on the first Million Man March in the form of airfare, room and board, advertising and so on and so forth. If we just put that money or even 20% of it into the community, it would do a whole lot more than a Millions More Movement commemorating something that wasn't even a success 10 years ago. Hopefully this one will not just be preaching and show-stopping antics, because it would be a shame to gather all those people there for another forgettable weekend.

3. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    I was at the MMM and it was hardly forgettable, and it did impact our communties in a positive way, however, I too hope that this will even be more insightful and impact our people to understand where they stand in amerikkka and how doing for ourselves is an absolute must for our very survival. Me and my family will be there, God and the Ancestors willing.

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

What impact did it make? I wasn't there and maybe that's why the impact wasn't felt by me, but how does it make an impact if it can't reach people who do not attend, which is the majority of black folks?

5. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    It showed the black community and the world in general that 1 million black men can unite for a good cause. It also was a process of cleansing, affirmation, and brotherhood for black men.

The problem is not in the concept, but that Farrkhan and other black leaders weren't consistent with it. The subsequent marches just don't have the impact that the first one did, mainly because it includes women and other races which changes the whole theme completely.

6. Jflex!

Jflex! Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5

I agree...

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    I'm going just for the purpose of being able to network with other black people who are business oriented...plus I'll be selling some of my first books there. So it sort of depends on your objective for going. Plus I'll have to hand out advertisments and business cards concerning my next book and other things as well.

8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
    Brother

If you had listened to the stated purpose or venture into the web site, you would discover that the purpose of this gathering is for men and women of good conscience to come together and set forth an economic, political and social plan to do just as you state. Perhaps you should do more research before casting such a dark cloud

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
    Tsk tsk

On what basis do you count success? More elected black officials. More black millionaires. More black business owners. More families made whole. Billions in child support paid. Even the main stream media has acknowledge this. Where are you getting this misinformation from, stormfront.com?

10. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I am very financially weak right now, so I cannot make any guarantees that I will show up there, as I thought I would a few months back when I heard about it. Also, I plan to attend Graudte School at Howard University, so I very much look forward, and looked forward to being in D.C. anyway. My main focus of going is to get the opportunity to meet brothers, sisters, friends, and everything of that nature from all around the world, who had some sort of interest in rebuilding the broken and destroyed black communities. Also, I plan on attending so that I can unite with other college students, youngsters my age, childfen, and more who share the same goals and vixions that I share. Aside from that, I do not think that by not attending, I will miss TOO much.

Personally, I feel that if I do miss MMM 2005, I will NOT miss participating in the rebuilding and reconstruction of Blacks after all. I mean, I know darn well that the black communities in America will not change over night, or in 3 days; it will take time, and I will throw my hands in throught the duration of that time.

CD