Black People : MILLION MAN MARCH pt2:The Last Hoorah

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kemetstry, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126
    10-10-15 Was his final call. It was about both a political and economic agenda. As we speak a think tank has gathered to plan a strategy. It also calls for 10,000 men and 10,000 women to go into the communities and confront what ails us. From drug to domestic violence.
    Should the economic agenda been called for 20 years ago? Thus, placing us in a better financial conditions than we are today as a whole. Can anything be done in the community without going into the home? We have already seen how divisive those conversations can be in here

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074

At 82, which holds up good on him, it could very well be his, no pun on words, Final Call.

Its good to hear that men and women, who are about that life, are being called upon to go into our communities to sort things out.

Was their any indication that the FOI would be participating as part of the 20,000 called?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was an economic agenda called for in 1995. Farrakhan had arranged for the sale of lots of different products in the Black community that were created by the NOI. In addition was this:

Third, the goal of renewing themselves morally and spiritually was addressed. The responsibility of realizing this goal was placed with the African-American churches, regardless of denomination. Preachers and teachers of God should be committed to serving the people.

Finally, and perhaps most important, was the goal of attaining economic clout. Planned strategies for the realization of this goal included the development and support of black-owned businesses.
    https://www.deltacollege.edu/org/deltawinds/DWOnline97/millionmanmarch.html

Nevertheless, lets hope that we pull away from going into debt for Christmas. Besides making absolutely no sense, it focuses on saving in our community, as opposed to dis-saving we've been doing for years.

To answer your question, "
    Can anything be done in the community without going into the home? We have already seen how divisive those conversations can be in here."

At this point, we have no choice but to engage in that conversation, in order to finally dissolve our self-hatred issue with one another.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :box:

4. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126

At 82, which holds up good on him, it could very well be his, no pun on words, Final Call. I used that phrase for a reason. He IS 82

Its good to hear that men and women, who are about that life, are being called upon to go into our communities to sort things out.
    Was their any indication that the FOI would be participating as part of the 20,000 called? They were the 1st ones to step up. As I told James. I have mentored in the hood before. I know what's expected and what will happen

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was an economic agenda called for in 1995. Farrakhan had arranged for the sale of lots of different products in the Black community that were created by the NOI. In addition was this:

Third, the goal of renewing themselves morally and spiritually was addressed. The responsibility of realizing this goal was placed with the African-American churches, regardless of denomination. Preachers and teachers of God should be committed to serving the people.
    Finally, and perhaps most important, was the goal of attaining economic clout. Planned strategies for the realization of this goal included the development and support of black-owned businesses.
    https://www.deltacollege.edu/org/deltawinds/DWOnline97/millionmanmarch.html
    That is not quite what I and many others were referring to. Had we but tithed ourselves 10% of our vast earnings every year. We would own a Citibank and Chase /Manhattan in 2009. That's the economic power I refer to.

Nevertheless, lets hope that we pull away from going into debt for Christmas. Besides making absolutely no sense, it focuses on saving in our community, as opposed to dis-saving we've been doing for years. That is something that the sisters can do alone. But, that is also the hardest part. lol

To answer your question, "Can anything be done in the community without going into the home? We have already seen how divisive those conversations can be in here."
    At this point, we have no choice but to engage in that conversation, in order to finally dissolve our self-hatred issue with one another. I agree. But, as you have seen in here, that is a very tall order indeed

5. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126

Yet. we haven't historically focused it

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074
    I know.

Good deal, hadn't read that anywhere.

No doubt ...

I hear ya, but 40 million of us would have to participate, in order to be totally effective.

Well, it still has to be done and Farrakhan deserves props for starting the dialog from a national perspective.

7. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126
    There has to be enough participation to make it cool. Then all will follow

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page: