Black People : MILLION MAN MARCH 2005..

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Pharaoh Jahil, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Aug 2, 2003
    Mother Earth
    +25 / -0
    Farrakhan kicks off men-only tour for the Million Man March
    By Dora Muhammad
    Managing Editor
    Updated Jan 18, 2005, 01:01 pm

Minister Farrakhan challenges Black men to accept the challenge to fulfill their destiny as the nation gears up for the tenth anniversary of the Million Man March

CHICAGO ( - Blistering winter winds blew outside, just hours before a major snowstorm, as Black men huddled in line outside of the Harold Washington Cultural Center in the struggling depth of the city’s Southside. What awaited them inside the auditorium this cold night of Jan. 10 was warmth, brotherhood—and history in the making with the official opening of Minister Farrakhan’s men-only tour to launch the mobilization for the 10th Anniversary of the Million Man March on Oct. 16, 2005.

Like a heart pumping blood vibrantly and vitally to all parts of the body, the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan stood before the capacity crowd of over 1,000 men to deliver a three-hour lecture that was viewed in 120 cities throughout the country via web cast. This is where it all begins—again.

“The tenth anniversary of the Million Man March is so significant because it is time to mobilize Black people like we have never mobilized before,” Minister Farrakhan explained to the audience. “The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said our unity is more powerful than a hydogren or atomic bomb. Your enemy is frightened over weapons of mass destruction. Why don’t we try unity? We have tried everything else—we have kneeled in, waded, crawled, begging in, slept in, marched, boycotted, but have not tried the unity of us as a people.”

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said our unity would solve 95 percent of our problems, he informed his listeners.

While he agreed that the demand for reparations should be placed to the government, he stressed that hope lies in God and in us, as a people.

“White people do not have the means to repair us, and if they had the means, they do not have the will.The Bible did not say that Pharoah had what it took to repair the Children of Israel,” he pointed out.

He referenced the Biblical parable that says the Son of Man had “healing in his wings”—explaining that the wings of the knowledge allows people to rise above the realties of their lives.

“The knowledge that God will reveal through a proper study and administering of the Bible and Qur’an will heal every broken and wounded human being on this earth. And it starts with you,” he taught. “The biggest demand—we should put on ourselves. You have the power to make a change in your life,” he encouraged the Brothers.

He quoted the Qur’an, saying “Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change the condition of themselves.”

He further explained that the process of change begins with the desire to change, but noted that there must be an instrument to bring about that change. Drawing a comparision to the changes of the seasons which are produced by the light of the sun striking the Earth, because it is in submission to the power of the light, he said that we must also respond to light in order to change.

“If we are a people that walk in darkness, then we cannot make any change, because in darkness there is death, there is no time or life,” he said. “If the light of God shines on you, and you respond to the light, then it starts motion.”

He continued, imploring the Brothers to make up their minds to make a change in their lives: “The moment you make that decision, God says He will step in. Then, God will help you and us to fulfill our destiny.”
  2. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Feb 9, 2001
    +17 / -0

I'm all for Brothers bonding together to make a difference, but my concern is the men that can't make it to the march that really need to be there. How can we reach those men that are in our prison systems??? What about those that are bringing children into this world and not taking care of their rsponsibilities, contributing to the increase of broken families and homs???..what about those selling drugs in OUR communities and those killing their own???? How can those men be reached??????
    Those who have attended the march clearly want to make a difference.
    Maybe instead of marching so far away, these same men can march down the street in their own communities and help these men realize the gifts they can bring to this world if they too make their minds up to make a change.
  3. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Jul 1, 2003
    Good point Nita, I was at the MMM. It was phenominal. I brought my son and nephew. I am sure I will be there again. Perhaps whatever was not done in 95 will be done in 2005, although I saw a vast change after the march, in my community, for the better. I pray it is a success. I will do my part to get the word out.

Seeing our unity strengthens all of us, even our brothers in prison and all over the world.