Black People Politics : Miguel D'Escoto, president United Nations General

Corvo

navigator of live
REGISTERED MEMBER
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
Please watch this interview, It’s about the U.S. of A (us) has been sickened it’s people with hate, towards others.

Miguel D'Escoto, former president of the United Nations General Assembly and former foreign minister of Nicaragua.

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/26/the_united_nations_is_beyond_reformit

Wow! I don't know what to say, right off. I'm speechless. Oh My God! Oh well, I guess it was a matter of time. Why didn't they go after Bush and Reagen...?

Anyway. Thanks so much for this thread. It is phenomenal. Again, I just dont know what to say, right off. I don't hear much about politics below the border to the point where i can say i fully understand.

I don't appreciate what is being said though. I think the Roman Catholic former United Nations general is wrong about Obama and Latin contribution. In my opinion, based upon what i see everyday, there are swarms of latin americans in my community right after the election. when i went to the carnival, it was mostly latin Americans and whites and only a tiny percent of Blacks. we are broke.

Anyway. I put some of the quotes from Morales and D'Escoto here so that I can come back to them after I think about it some more. I'm not happy though, what i heard. it seems like a no win situation...a set up...

Mind you he is talking against Obama-USA concerning Democracy on a show called 'Democracy Now'...
========================================================

Bolivian President Evo Morales on President Obama: “I Can’t Believe a Black President Can Hold So Much Vengeance Against an Indian President”
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/23/bolivian_president_evo_morales_to_president

I don't know what he's referring to in regards to Obama. But he's calling a race card in my opinion.
------------------------------- -

MIGUEL D’ESCOTO's Quotes

AMY GOODMAN: Do you think the US has changed its policy at all towards Latin America right now?
FATHER MIGUEL D’ESCOTO: There’s no change whatsoever. AMY GOODMAN: From Bush to Obama?
FATHER MIGUEL D’ESCOTO: From Bush to Obama, no change. No, no. It’s—with Obama, no change. There’s a change in rhetoric, but no change, no.
----------------------------------- -

…with the United States embassy in Washington, …But there’s a part of the Constitution that says that the president is in charge to make sure that the country moves. …but if you fail to do your duty, I will have to put out this decree that the ones that were elected are going to continue until you elect the new ones, because we’re not going to close shop.” The [inaudible] goes down.

I think he is doing a double standard because in this same interveiw, he all but called President Obama a puppet.
-------------------------------------------- -

The United States is not what people think it is. I don’t think it’s what President Obama thought it was. I thought that being president—I think that he meant, really—I liked him…But it has remained promises, because I think now he realizes that he is only the president in a country where the industrial-military complex decides what has to be done, and you cannot go beyond the parameters of what they decide. It would be dangerous.

is he not calling President Obama more or less, a puppet?

The United States claims that it has the right to rule the world, because it did so much to save the world from—in the Second World War. I don’t know how many Americans died in that war, but I imagine it’s infinitely, infinitely less than the 20 million people of the Soviet Union who died, more than 20 million. But regardless of that, the war was a great economic boom for the United States…And war has been, on many occasions, a business. They are very much into the business of death.

What the....!?

-----------------------------------------------------

And it is this religion that the United States is imposing on people. Its name is capitalism. It’s like a religion…
----------------------------------------------- -

The only thing is, that contrary to the United States, I am totally against the use of force…Coca-Cola has become almost a symbol of the United States, and I drink it, but if there were such a resolution, there can be others. You have to find—we don’t need them. We can make a mutual cooperation. We must.
================================ =

…Palestine has not been given statehood. And when the split of Palestine for a Jewish state and an Arab state, when that was decided upon—not really decided upon,…When they say “democracy,” it usually means somebody who is very obedient to whatever they say. Then they give you the good housekeeping of approval, and they put “democracy.” If they don’t like you, then they say you are radical, …

there is much more to this story. I mean, he was the United Nations and now, he comes out and calls it a fraud. why now?
============================= =

…And I feel sorry when people die, no matter who they are. And I pray to God that he receives them, in spite of the fact, I said, that he was the butcher of my people, a pathological killer. But in the United States, they are accustomed not to recognize their killers.

yeah. this is amazing. he knows Reagen was no friend to blacks here. And he makes to distinction, now, to most of the kind of people actually killed in Nicaragua... let's see; does Sandinisto ring a bell? I just don't know what to think completely.

Anyway, i so appreciate this post.

Bolivian President Evo Morales on President Obama: “I Can’t Believe a Black President Can Hold So Much Vengeance Against an Indian President”

A I don't know what he's referring to in regards to Obama. But he's calling a race card in my opinion.
He is referring to the U.S.’s policies toward Bolivia since Morales has become President. And as a black man, Obama should understand the position the Bolivians have been under.

MIGUEL D’ESCOTO's Quotes
AMY GOODMAN: Do you think the US has changed its policy at all towards Latin America right now?
FATHER MIGUEL D’ESCOTO: There’s no change whatsoever. AMY GOODMAN: From Bush to Obama?
FATHER MIGUEL D’ESCOTO: From Bush to Obama, no change. No, no. It’s—with Obama, no change. There’s a change in rhetoric, but no change, no.

…with the United States embassy in Washington, …But there’s a part of the Constitution that says that the president is in charge to make sure that the country moves. …but if you fail to do your duty, I will have to put out this decree that the ones that were elected are going to continue until you elect the new ones, because we’re not going to close shop.” The [inaudible] goes down.

B. I think he is doing a double standard because in this same interview, he all but called President Obama a puppet.
The U.S. foreign policies have not changed toward Latin America, this is correct. Only that Pres. Obama has a new face and tone, but the policies still have remain the same. But he is saying that Obama is not in control of our (U.S.) foreign policy.
The United States is not what people think it is. I don’t think it’s what President Obama thought it was. I thought that being president—I think that he meant, really—I liked him…But it has remained promises, because I think now he realizes that he is only the president in a country where the industrial-military complex decides what has to be done, and you cannot go beyond the parameters of what they decide. It would be dangerous.

C. is he not calling President Obama more or less, a puppet?
Not really, but he is saying that Obama is doing what he can. But if he crosses the line it will be a repete of what happened to JFK.

The United States claims that it has the right to rule the world, because it did so much to save the world from—in the Second World War. I don’t know how many Americans died in that war, but I imagine it’s infinitely, infinitely less than the 20 million people of the Soviet Union who died, more than 20 million. But regardless of that, the war was a great economic boom for the United States…And war has been, on many occasions, a business. They are very much into the business of death.

D. What the....!?
He is referring to the Military Industrial Complex (MiC). It’s what drives the world banks for profits. Wars create the greatest profit margins for the world banks, Like the federal reserve Bank And the IMF.
And it is this religion that the United States is imposing on people. Its name is capitalism. It’s like a religion…

The only thing is, that contrary to the United States, I am totally against the use of force…Coca-Cola has become almost a symbol of the United States, and I drink it, but if there were such a resolution, there can be others. You have to find—we don’t need them. We can make a mutual cooperation. We must.
…Palestine has not been given statehood. And when the split of Palestine for a Jewish state and an Arab state, when that was decided upon—not really decided upon,…When they say “democracy,” it usually means somebody who is very obedient to whatever they say. Then they give you the good housekeeping of approval, and they put “democracy.” If they don’t like you, then they say you are radical, …

there is much more to this story. I mean, he was the United Nations and now, he comes out and calls it a fraud. why now?
I believe he has been protesting while still in office.

…And I feel sorry when people die, no matter who they are. And I pray to God that he receives them, in spite of the fact, I said, that he was the butcher of my people, a pathological killer. But in the United States, they are accustomed not to recognize their killers.

yeah. this is amazing. he knows Reagan was no friend to blacks here. And he makes to distinction, now, to most of the kind of people actually killed in Nicaragua... let's see; does Sandinista ring a bell? I just don't know what to think completely.
The Sandinistas were a legitimate revolution supported by the people of Nicaragua. When he speaks of the U.S. he is not talking about it’s citizens but of the corrupt government we are under.

Yes I too think it's good to see this perspective.

A I don't know what he's referring to in regards to Obama. But he's calling a race card in my opinion.
He is referring to the U.S.’s policies toward Bolivia since Morales has become President. And as a black man, Obama should understand the position the Bolivians have been under.

MIGUEL D’ESCOTO's Quotes

B. I think he is doing a double standard because in this same interview, he all but called President Obama a puppet.
The U.S. foreign policies have not changed toward Latin America, this is correct. Only that Pres. Obama has a new face and tone, but the policies still have remain the same. But he is saying that Obama is not in control of our (U.S.) foreign policy.

C. is he not calling President Obama more or less, a puppet?
Not really, but he is saying that Obama is doing what he can. But if he crosses the line it will be a repete of what happened to JFK.

D. What the....!?
He is referring to the Military Industrial Complex (MiC). It’s what drives the world banks for profits. Wars create the greatest profit margins for the world banks, Like the federal reserve Bank And the IMF.

I believe he has been protesting while still in office.

yeah. this is amazing. he knows Reagan was no friend to blacks here. And he makes to distinction, now, to most of the kind of people actually killed in Nicaragua... let's see; does Sandinista ring a bell? I just don't know what to think completely.
The Sandinistas were a legitimate revolution supported by the people of Nicaragua. When he speaks of the U.S. he is not talking about it’s citizens but of the corrupt government we are under.

Yes I too think it's good to see this perspective.

Thanks.

yes. i do believe that our government needs an overhaul.

And in regards to the Sandinistas, I'm not really good on politics but, I thought that it was said that Raegen supported the CONTRAS to go against the Sandinistos. I thoought it was said that USA paid money and supplied guns and etc. for the CONTRAS. I'm not totally sure though. But if this is true then, the father is not being clear on these issues, in my opinion, and i think he should be in reference to making his claims about America's governmental corruption.

This was an enlightening thread.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back