Black Short Stories : Midnight Deciet-Part Two

Earthly Allure

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 26, 2004
The temple of Karnak, where the Earth Chylde prays
Occupation
College Student
Yvain

Kam'ron came out of the bathroom a few hours later and I'd fallen asleep on the chaise. Do you know this n**** didn't even have the decency to wake me up and help me get into bed! I knew something wasn't right and I knew I needed to get myself together so I could think straight. I really didn't know where to start, but I knew he was cheating on me.

Dreams of he and I making love on the beach and the many love filled glances that was sent between us. I'm loving it and wanting more. I have a restless night.
The lyrics to Mtume's "You, Me, and He" run's through my mind; only its now reversed.

There’s somethin’ I wanna say
Try and understand
There’s another in his life
She’s his lover and I’m your wife

You, me and she
What we gonna do, baby
You, me and she
What we gonna do, baby.....

I wake up to sunlight streaming throught the venetian blinds like their never was a rainstorm last night. His side of the bed is dead cold, just like he is to me. I wake up to thoughts of confusion with one thing foremost in mind, What the h*** am I supposed to do?

The phone rings. I reach for it groggily and speak in my naturally dark, husky voice. "Hello.."

There's nothing but heavy breathing on the other end and i'm highly irritated.

"Hello!" I say forcefully.

A woman's voice speaks. "Hello...I was looking for...well...I want you to know that the man your sleeping with is my husband, and i'd appreciate it if you'd stay the f*** away from him and stop destroying my home!"

For what seems like an eternity, I stare into space bewildered beyond compare. The words sink in as I stare wordlessly. A deep feeling of fear descends and I bite my lips to keep from crying out.

After a moment I hear the dial tone. The other line is disconnected.

I drop the phone and get up out of bed, shocked, floored and everything else in between. I stare around our bedroom for the first time beginning to see it in a different light, and for the first time after 5 years of marriage everything looks so foreign to me.

~TBC

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back