destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Microsoft Pulls Black Man From Their Ad

Black folks have been complaining about the “evils” of Photoshop for quite sometime. It’s used for everything from lightening up the skin tones of people of color, to removing people of color from a chosen medium altogether.

A Microsoft ad intended for use in Poland. The original advertisement featured a white woman, an Asian man and a man of African descent. The Polish version of the ads shows everybody, but the black man. He’s replaced by a white man. Perhaps somebody at Microsoft figured there are no black folks in Poland and decided to take him out, but we wouldn’t imagine there are any Asian folks either.

withblackman.jpg

withoutblackman.jpg

Click Here to Read Entire Story : http://www.eurthisnthat.com/2009/08/27/microsofts-racial-photoshop-flop-over-missing-brother-photos/

:heart:

Destee

Microsoft Pulls Black Man From Their Ad

Black folks have been complaining about the “evils” of Photoshop for quite sometime. It’s used for everything from lightening up the skin tones of people of color, to removing people of color from a chosen medium altogether.

A Microsoft ad intended for use in Poland. The original advertisement featured a white woman, an Asian man and a man of African descent. The Polish version of the ads shows everybody, but the black man. He’s replaced by a white man. Perhaps somebody at Microsoft figured there are no black folks in Poland and decided to take him out, but we wouldn’t imagine there are any Asian folks either.

withblackman.jpg

withoutblackman.jpg

Click Here to Read Entire Story : http://www.eurthisnthat.com/2009/08/27/microsofts-racial-photoshop-flop-over-missing-brother-photos/

:heart:

Destee
The Asians probably have financial interests in the half broke Poland were we don't.
Please realize that Communism had alot of bad crap and still does, but one good thing it did have was that it denied racial diffrences, prejudice and racism.
Whenthe iron curtain fell that is when the ethnic wars started to pop up all over the former Soviet Block nations.
The old Russians and Polish immigrants in NYC from the communist regimes, know more about our history and culture then many of our youth today, but Russia and many of those places have, now that the iron curtain has fallen devolved to a level of racism, like a virus, in many Eastern block nations, as thier economies get bad.

The Asians probably have financial interests in the half broke Poland were we don't.
Please realize that Communism had alot of bad crap and still does, but one good thing it did have was that it denied racial diffrences, prejudice and racism.
Whenthe iron curtain fell that is when the ethnic wars started to pop up all over the former Soviet Block nations.
The old Russians and Polish immigrants in NYC from the communist regimes, know more about our history and culture then many of our youth today, but Russia and many of those places have, now that the iron curtain has fallen devolved to a level of racism, like a virus, in many Eastern block nations, as thier economies get bad.

Possibly but I think the plain ol' truth is most whites have a much more negative view of black people than they do of Asians. Also the old communist bloc talked a good game abbout black people but the reality for any black people that went to that part of the world to live wasnt great. many Angolans and Mozambicans went to study in Mother Russia in the name of communist solidarity and had absolute hell.

Back to the Microsoft ad, sheeesh! They didnt even bother to white up the brothas hand! I think however the brothas head looks kinda photoshopped too!!!

In essence its the same old story, in England back in the 90's we had a similar story Ford Motors had made an advert for British billboards that showed Ford Employees (real employees not posed by actors) but when they used the poster in (surprise, surprise) Poland and decided to white out the black and Indian employees with White faces. I looked but could not find the pictures online.

However i found this (if true) a refreshing twist, this article claims that The Simpsons are to be shown in Angola as black people.

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/928612/Simpsons-turn-black-Angolan-television-debut/

Possibly but I think the plain ol' truth is most whites have a much more negative view of black people than they do of Asians. Also the old communist bloc talked a good game abbout black people but the reality for any black people that went to that part of the world to live wasnt great. many Angolans and Mozambicans went to study in Mother Russia in the name of communist solidarity and had absolute hell.

Back to the Microsoft ad, sheeesh! They didnt even bother to white up the brothas hand! I think however the brothas head looks kinda photoshopped too!!!

In essence its the same old story, in England back in the 90's we had a similar story Ford Motors had made an advert for British billboards that showed Ford Employees (real employees not posed by actors) but when they used the poster in (surprise, surprise) Poland and decided to white out the black and Indian employees with White faces. I looked but could not find the pictures online.

However i found this (if true) a refreshing twist, this article claims that the Simpson are to be shown in Angola as black people.

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/928612/Simpsons-turn-black-Angolan-television-debut/
Only a nut goes to live with white folks in their nation and expects political rhetoric to extinguish what they saw first hand as colonialism, and white supremacy.
What else would they expect but to catch hell, but it mite have been less hell then folks faced in Mississippi to this day
The Simpsons as Black in Angola, I hope young boys don't think a bumbling man is a role model as a father

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back